Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic CX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help with my 1996 civic CX D16Y7 i am receiving tbe codes p0301 through p0304 and i also think p0300 so random miss fires and miss firing in all cylinders. Iv replaced plugs,plug wires, cap and rotor and nothing. Where should i go from here also the cylinder 2 spark plug is black and not firing properly more then the others and the other 3 plugs are not black and sparking properly. Should i replace timing belt and tensioner, and check for vacuum leaks. Me and my father can do this at home hes great with cars. Also he thought maybe a burnt valve in cylinder two. Any ideas experts please!!!? Any thoughts on the cylinder spark plug being black? :(

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Check that all connectors at the icm are crimped and holding tight to the icm, get a voltmeter and check resistance on your coil , and lastly connect a test light to the icm, probe to battery positive and other end of probe to coil -, be sure to disconnect power to the coil while performing this test, have someone crank the car and observe that it blinks, full on and full off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts