Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it thanks! I'm not getting continuity on the reverse switch when reverse is engaged was wondering if it was something small I left out when I reassembled it. next step is to remove the switch, test it, and take a peek into the case through the hole. I just really don't want to drain the fluid.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
I've never had a problem with reverse switches, I even run them through the ultrasonic cleaner. I might have a spare B switch laying around if needed. I can check tomorrow if I remember.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so I know its going into reverse. I put it in neutral and I can push it back, shift it into reverse and try to push it and it wont go. I can distinctly hear and feel it go into reverse also. so it must just be the switch. no difference between d and b series reverse switches?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
length of the wire leads due to location.....but the switch itself, all the same for the most part.

This CG I'm working on it a little different :)

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Try jumping the wires from the harness side plug. If the reverse lights come on then you know it's something in the tranny or switch. If they don't come on with it jumped then it could be fuse or bad connection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts