Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the states and study abroad, I bought a local civic and because of the bad record keeping here the car is listed as a 2002 (they stopped making it in 2000). All I know for sure is that it is a right hand drive D15B and its a Civic Ferio Vi-RS. Anyway the reason I am here is that I recently got an oil leak, the local mechanic said the problem is from the valve cover gasket and to bring one with me from the states. He also said bring a Vtec strainer/gasket (he said its one piece) just to have one because it tends to leak. I tried looking up what that part may be but I got no answers.

As far as the valve cover gasket I gathered from the forums that I should get one for a D16z6, but I haven't found anything about this Vtec strainer/gasket piece (I took a zoomed in pic of what he pointed to). Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
It's the vtec solenoid gasket. You'll need the p2j version for the dual vtec solenoid. European or Japanese dealer or parts source.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the vtec solenoid gasket. You'll need the p2j version for the dual vtec solenoid. European or Japanese dealer or parts source.
According to the mechanic I don't need the whole unit, just the strainer/gasket. Any idea if I can just get that?

Also, while he's at it I'm thinking of having him replace the timing belt since the car has 110k miles. Which USDM should I getting?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,025 Posts
you can get the gaskets via Honda.....

your solenoid looks like this

DONT get a gasket that looks like this

THIS is what you want

*** edit ***
shout out to bobski for the correct info

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
106 Posts
THIS is what you want
No it isn't. :/
The proper gasket looks just like the cutout on that dual-spool valve pic, but with a screen in the middle opening. It's PN 15825-P2J-005. I have the same D15B in my CRX and ran into the same issue. The side gasket between the head and valve body can be bought, the top one between the solenoids and the valve body can not.

Useful part numbers from somewhere or other:
Timing Belt 14400-P2A-004
Water Pump 19200-P2A-A01
Timing Belt Tensioner 14510-P08-003
Oil Pump 15100-P2J-005
Cylinder Head Gasket 12251-P2J-004
Piston rings 13011-P07-004
Intake valve stem seals 12210-PZ1-004
Exhaust valve stem seals 12211-PZ1-004
3-stage SOHC VTEC Spool Valve Solenoid 15810-P2J-005
VTEC Spool Valve O-ring/filter 15825-P2J-005
Pistons P2J
Rods P07
Rod Bearings CR4139AM
Main bearings MB5244AM
Thrust Washer TW-140AM
I used a valve cover gasket set for a '96-00 Civic EX. Fit perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the help, just to confirm about the valve cover gasket, I need to get the one off a D16z6? If anyone has the part number so I can be 100% certain, because if I don't get the right one when I go back to the states on break I'm SOL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I found it off autodynamics-honda website (won't let me post link), PN P08VCGS for the whole set.

Anyone have experience with this site, they seem to have OEM parts. If you know of any other trusted websites where I can buy this online let me know. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts