Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
SleeperCivic91 said:
so by the distributor being an obd0 then one from a usdm Si would work?
Nope.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
no that will not work, you have a DOHC not a SOHC the direct replacement for the DOHC is an 89 teg dizzy.i have a replacement 89 teg dizzy for your black top ZC, obd 0 ,i bought it remanufactured from checker for 150.00, i blew my zc and have no use for it, i'm selling it for 50.00 plus shipping, it has about 300 miles on it, with all brand new guts, ignitor, rotor etc etc etc....

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
SleeperCivic91 said:
nice!!!! that's what i wanted to hear.........any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Well if you want to use the sohc distributor, you just move the two cam angle wires which are like blu/grn, blu/yel and get that big round distributor plug with the wires off an si civic/crx. Then you cut the two wires off the cam angle sensor plug and solder onto big round si distributor plug. And you do the same for the square distributor plug also by knowing what function each wire has on the sensor locations and what not to match it with the big round si distributor plug. Hope this helps. :smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
EJ1All-Star said:
no that will not work, you have a DOHC not a SOHC the direct replacement for the DOHC is an 89 teg dizzy.i have a replacement 89 teg dizzy for your black top ZC, obd 0 ,i bought it remanufactured from checker for 150.00, i blew my zc and have no use for it, i'm selling it for 50.00 plus shipping, it has about 300 miles on it, with all brand new guts, ignitor, rotor etc etc etc....

Still have it.. . . . give me a realistic shipping quote and ill take it. . . . .either that or I have an MDS rpm actiuvated switch and an MSD Module controller 300-5500 that i would trade you . . . . if not there off to ebay.
let me know. . .
e mail [email protected]

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
sorry i sold it and i also have the rpm module that i'm trying too get rid of, just buy one from like a autozone, they have lifetime warrantys and they are not too expensive

X

·
0 Posts
not really

if im correct the si dizzy doesnt bolt up correctly 89 teg is the same dizzy as the zc u will have problems with the si u have to change the wireing and all that good stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts