Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I cant get my gt2560r past 14-15psi. All im looking for is 16psi.

Setup:
D16Z6
76mm vitara pistons
FJ-R Spec custom length rods
Stock head
D15B cam
D16y8 cam gear
Skunk2 intake manifold
Stock d16z6 throttle body
Motorola 2.5bar map
Pte 780cc injectors
Xenocron 255lph fuel pump
Aem fuel rail
2.5" intercooler piping
Pretty small intercooler
Kinugawa 14.7psi wastegate actuator
Vacuum log manifold
Tial q 50mm bov
3-port pwm
Hondata s300

I checked for boost leaks and fixed them all. I went from a 6psi wg to a 14.7psi. At one point i was able to get 16psi out of the 6psi wg but the next day it went back down to 14. I dont know whats up

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
did you dyno? if you're near 290whp, you're just hitting the max that little T25 frame turbo will do

you're at 2.1 PR, and probably right at the edge of the map

·
3,983 Posts
no, I'm saying the turbo hits max flow at ~16psi and you're right there already, if you're making around 280-300whp you're at the limit for this compressor

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pre turbo setup is a 2.5" s-pipe with cone filter. I see what youre saying. So the 16psi max could be dropping off due to large ic piping and intercooler correct? All im looking to do is max this turbo out and see what it does on the dyno. If im happy with the results will decide weather or not i get a bigger turbo. If im close to 300whp i would be perfectly content. And move on to other components of the build such as the trans and suspension.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im also planning on switching up the dp and dt. My original plan was to divorce the dp and dt but i was sent the wrong flange. I was in a hurry to install the turbo so i just combined them in the same 2.5" down pipe. Once i get the correct flange i plan on merging the 2 further down the dp.

·
3,983 Posts
Preturbo setup

Downpipe setup

Another problem with the downpipe is i welded the larger opening on top of the wastegate not turbine outlet... It was late, i was in a hurry. Peobably a huge restriction

probably....

still, run it once without the filter for shits and giggles

your IATs don't suggest a turbo that's totally at its max...

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol my luck a sherif pulls up behind me with my dp off. My head gasket blew today on the freeway. I was having too much fun. 3 arp head nuts were really loose upon inspection all the others needed at least a quarter turn. Perhaps related to the spool time? I retorqued them set the fan control to 180 and ect's stayed below 185 so far. Looking into replacing the head gasket. Going to order a precision straight edge to check both surfaces. I had the block decked when it was built hopefully its still good. The head was resurfaced and the head gasket never leaked so i just cleaned it and slapped it on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts