Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a built turbo D16Y4 non vtec getting dyno tuned as we speak. Full build list is on my previous post. They have hit 160hp @10 psi on 98 octane. Bumped it up to 13 psi and no power increase. Not responding to timing either. What’s going on???? I’ve read that timing is critical (and a bit special?) with these cars, could that be the issue if the tuners aren’t familiar with this? The tuners I have taken it too are the best in my area with a good reputation, although they haven’t tuned many (if any?) turbo Hondas before as they just aren’t that common here in Australia, especially where I live. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drop the exhaust and try a pull again? Remove air filter and try again?

What do AFRs look like? What does the timing curve look like? Peak timing at full boost?

Mechanical timing right?

At 10-13psi on that turbo, you should be near or above 200whp.
Tested exhaust back pressure : 2 psi
Air filter wouldn’t be that restrictive at 160hp
Afrs are all in check, unsure of timing curve, but peak boost (14psi) is at a ridiculous 5800rpm.

Mechanical timing correct belt wise. Retarded 2-4° (can’t remember which) today and gained 8hp.

Pushed boost to 18 pound and it lost about 5hp!

Something’s very wrong :// Going to pull the intake apart and inspect any blockage (like a rag in the intercooler or something??)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts