Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'92 si hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im trying to build a single knowing that i can no longer afford anything bigger..so in doing so, i would love some help as to where to start!!

Never really got into the single cam world but always had a taste for it.

Now my concern is..what do i do and where do i start!!!!??? I drive a 92 civic si.

ive been doing some readings and my intention is to build an engine for circuit racing..always wanted to do it..never got the chance until now.

ideally i'd like to capitalize on power WITHOUT BOOST...so completely N/A....any help would be great help!

just not sure what to do! lol..people tell me to get cams, cam gears, intake manifold, headers, and then start playing with internals.

after spending some time on this forum and reading around, alot of you guys seem to know what you're talking about so i would like absorb you're knowledge and become part of the D-series scene.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
89 CRX DX
214 Posts

·
Registered
'92 si hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys! im in the works of trying to get some more info about head work but still trying to absorb information.

What about the block?

and how effective is a y8 intake manifold on a z6 head? and what throttle body should i be using?

and what exhaust manifold would be most effective as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts