Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help, trying to hit 350hp!

3K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  ryan89crx 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have decided to do a D turbo and I am trying to pull 350hp on pump gas. I have bought some most of my parts and just want to throw the set-up out there and see if anyone has hit these numbers or if my set-up will which I doubt haha.

D16Z6 head
ported and polished
3 angle valve job
crower dual valve springs
crower retainers
crower valves (stock)
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
port matched to intake ports
Skunk2 turbo cam and camgear
AEM fuel Rail'
B&M FPR
RC 550cc injectors
ITR thottle body
Hondata IT gasket
ARP head studs

D16A6 (stock sleeves)
balanced and blue printed crank
ACL bearings
Tuner Toy rods
SRP 9.5:1 forged
2 extra head studs Machined in

Custom Log manifold
Custom 2.5 to 3.0 Down pipe
Custom 2.5 cold pipe
Custom 2.0 hot pipe
Custom 3.0 Intake and AEM filter
Garrett GT28R turbo
Custom 3.0IN exhaust
Custom 22X8X2 intercooler

NEPTUNE Stand-alone
Greddy RS BOV
Walbro 255 fuel pump
ACT extreme 6-puck clutch
ACT extreme flywheel
EBAY full size radiator
FLEX-LITE-FAN

D16Z6 Tranny
1-2 replaced
3-4 replaced
OBX LSD installed
Gator Stage 3 axels.

This is the set-up I have and just throw me your opinions. Thanks : )

See less See more
#4 ·
I think GT28RS's can do 350-375. GT28R's are 300whp I think. GT2871 would do it no worries.

I have a super similar setup myself.

I got stock cam in the head though and 9:1 SRP's. Im trying to hit around 350WHP. Running a GT3071R see how that goes. Should be no problem. Would love to hit 400 but on pump gas not likely. Post some numbers when u get them.

#6 ·
Try 750cc injectors. Don't need the AEM fuel rail. GT2871 is more what you're looking for, or you could just rock a T3T04E 50 trim with .63 A/R.

Log manifold's not going to do you any good, you need something like a ramhorn or topmount to get those numbers, logs just don't flow enough.

There's absolutely no reason why a 2" hotside and 2.5" cold wouldn't make your goals though.

#10 · (Edited)
yeah well the hot side on my turbo is only 2.0 so it doesnt make sense to put 3.0 inch.Yeah well I already bought this turbo and that was 8 bills so I cant just be like ok NEW turbo haha...I think I am just going to finish this and see what numbers it is. I know it will be 11's on slicks since i have mad wieght reduction done like lexan hatch widow and CF hatch and hood and I have a CX...I dont know I am just trying to hit a 11.9 in SOHC either waY I am still goin to love the car : )

#11 ·
Also the thing is I want a fun street car so I didnt want turbo lag. I know I should have went with the gt28rs with the dual ball bearings but its to late now...so now i am just trying to find ways to help the motor work over all exetremely smooth so the power curves will hopefully be fun haha. If I hit 280 I am not going to be upset but I really want over 300hp without pulling past the turbos effeincy.

#12 ·
^^ look into an equal length mani then. will be abit slower spool but will gain alot of top end. I got a shorty style myself so im in between :) Assuming you dont reach your power goals and have money later on. Also might consider selling the turbo cam (again if it doesnt meet you goals) and go with a stage2 NA cam. The added duration will increase the powerband and I dont see reversion occuring with it. Im still debating a stage 1-2 NA cam or turbo cam.

#15 ·
yeah I was going to do a fullrace ramhorn just not sure I want to pay 1100 for a sohc turbo manifold. Dont get me wrong I love my sohc but that seems bit steep for a sohc for me. I have seen cheaper ones but I hate buying cheap stuff cause it always comes back to kick you in the ass. I think I am just going to aim for 300hp now instead of 350hp. I think I might just get some fiberglass doors and call it a day. should still be able to hit a 11.9 on slicks hopefully.

#18 ·
Looks good bro! Showcase it and keep us updated on how your project comes along!

#19 ·
ILOVEMYEG said:
extra head studs...buy the whole set and have extras just incase...the bottom-end is being sent out this week though so they aren't in yet. I am still debating if I should add 2 or 4 extra.
just in case of what??

want to show an example of these "extra headstuds" installed on a block? sounds to me like you are talking out your ass...

#25 ·
Are you planning on like... 450-500hp? I think one set of ARP's will do just fine themselves.

#26 ·
yeah I am doing a full set of headstuds and than having two or four more machined in. I am still wanting for my call from the shop out here that is having it done to see how many I should do. I am just worried about head stretch cause I want to boost 12psi so its more of a "just in case" thing, after time those extra headstuds could save my motor you know what I mean. I dont like half assing things. I already spent this much money 200 bucks is worth holding my motor together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.