Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, i do not know much about cars but ill try to describe my problem the best i can.

okay, i just did a timing belt change, on the crank key when the key points up, it meant tdc, that is correct? well...i did it anyway. i put it in and everything was a snug fit. i also had to move the cam gear tdc too (the white dot on the cam gear being the tallest). and everything was hooked up. So, i fired it up and it actually revved up for like 2 seconds and died off. so i thought it was the battery, (i ran the car for 10 minutes w/o the crankpulley and died on me. BUT during that time, the timing belt was EXTREMELY loose) well...i tried everything. it would start and sound like shit and die a second later. so im like ahh FU*K.

so i thought my valves are F*CKED. i did a compression test on my car,
1st cylinder: 175 psi
2nd cylinder: 0-1 psi
3rd cylinder: 175 psi
4th cylinder: 185

so right now im thinking my 2nd cylinder valves are FUC*ed. but if the valves are fuked, 3rd cylinder valves be fucked too? and 3rd cylinder should have no psi. SO im asking you, WHAT IS HAPPENINGGGG??!!

DO YOU THINK THE TIMINGS WRONG? OR THE ENGINE IS GOING TO BE SCRAP METAL? HELP!!!

edit: when i turn the engine over, i do NOT hear any valves hitting.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
time for a leakdown. almost sounds like ringlands took a dump.

anyways unless the cylinders are cracked, theres a hole in the block, or a spun bearing, its worth a rebuild.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
why dont you just open it up to see? obviously its not going to run in the meantime. my money is on dead piston.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Or maybe you still don't have the timing set properly and the valves aren't closing at the right time when you do your compression test.
but his cylinder 3 comp was good. wouldnt they both be off at least a little, not one being completely off and the other being fine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts