Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a d16z6 Edelbrock intake manifold(62MM).
Now I found a Throttle body of a Integra Type R(62MM)
NOw my question is will it fit without problems?
Can I use my old (d16z6) sensor with the Integra Type R Throttle Body?
The Throttle body of the Integra has NO sensors.

Please help

THANX

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
well, with a bigger intake the last thing you wanna do is restrict it with a 56mm tb. i would hope that most people who do this also account for the difference in port size as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean? Difference in port size? The ITR TB and the INLET of the Edelbrock are both 62MM. So It would be perfect correct? Or am I seeying something wrong?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somebody have other views of this please say so... Because what I READ is that the TB of a ITR 62mm is. So it should be perfect for the Edelbrock but I am just a noob who reads allot so suggestions?

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Somebody have other views of this please say so... Because what I READ is that the TB of a ITR 62mm is. So it should be perfect for the Edelbrock but I am just a noob who reads allot so suggestions?
ya man it will work. that tb is interchangable with the rest of the b-series and h-series tb and that is what bolts to the eb im.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Get a micrometer and measure the ports that will be mating. Why guess? I think autozone would lend one out, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, to clrify what dragman was saying, some people get aftermarket IMs that are bored over, or factory they are larger than the stock TB. Putting a 56mm TB on a 60mm IM would kill some of the gains you should get. You are doing the right thing by making the the IM port and the TB are the same size.

Do you have anything done to the exhaust as well? Now that you are packing more into the cylinders, it would help to let it out faster.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Help

Hi

Now I dont understand anymore.

What is 62MM from the INTEGRA type R Throttle body?

I know it will fit my Edelbrock but will the hole from the Inlet of the Throttle body all the way to the Inlet of the Intake manifold (Edelbrock) be 62mm?

That is what I want to know.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Hi

Now I dont understand anymore.

What is 62MM from the INTEGRA type R Throttle body?

I know it will fit my Edelbrock but will the hole from the Inlet of the Throttle body all the way to the Inlet of the Intake manifold (Edelbrock) be 62mm?

That is what I want to know.

i'm saying, that the port size of the runner matches the openings in the head man. you don't want any hard edge restrictions in the way of the air coming in the motor. i've never measured the edelbrock mani, the runner openings may be bigger than the head ports.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
re

i'm saying, that the port size of the runner matches the openings in the head man. you don't want any hard edge restrictions in the way of the air coming in the motor. i've never measured the edelbrock mani, the runner openings may be bigger than the head ports.
Damn I forgot about that. So I need to port my head to? Fuck this is getting complicated.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
you will notice gains with the intake manifold alone, but would be better if you used the itr throttle body. i wouldnt worry about porting the head unless you just want to. it is not required.

ryan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
you will notice gains with the intake manifold alone, but would be better if you used the itr throttle body. i wouldnt worry about porting the head unless you just want to. it is not required.

ryan
You have a H22(60mm) TB on a Edelbrock Intake manifold without problems?
What did you notice in performance? Please share your experience.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What kind of Air intake should I use now? I had a Short Raim AEM but With a ITR throttle body I need a larger one correct? Give me some examples

·
Registered
335 Posts
You have a H22(60mm) TB on a Edelbrock Intake manifold without problems?
What did you notice in performance? Please share your experience.
im running the h22 tb with the performer x manifold. all i did was change the manifold and thru on some slicks. heres my time 16.1 (2.1 60 footers street tires) 15.6 (2.1 60 footers on slick) all i did was at the manifold and slicks, and thats what i gained. now ive never raced with slicks before so thats y my 60 foot times suck so bad but it gives u an idea

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im running the h22 tb with the performer x manifold. all i did was change the manifold and thru on some slicks. heres my time 16.1 (2.1 60 footers street tires) 15.6 (2.1 60 footers on slick) all i did was at the manifold and slicks, and thats what i gained. now ive never raced with slicks before so thats y my 60 foot times suck so bad but it gives u an idea
Thank you. So what do you notice when driving the first time you put the manifold? Better throttle responce? Please tell me im very interested.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts