Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to D-series.org and i have a problem. I recently wired an aftermarket tachometer into my 93 civic dx and ran into a problem. The tach works fine and reads rpms, but the illumination wire is where im having trouble. i tried running it into the head unit wiring harness, but i stupidly ran it into the yellow direct voltage wire instead of the orange illumination wire. Now everytime i start my car the clock resets, and the head unit wont turn on at all. i checked the fuse and replaced it, but it still wont turn on and the clock is still resetting. has anyone run into the same problem, or have some advice that could help me out?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
you cut your constant supply... so your losing memory... what you need to do is put you wires back to stock... NOT THE TACH SIGNAL WIRE. just your hot wire.... now get on your back and look at your fuse block.... there will be a set of lettered OPEN fuse slots. You can grab any spade connector and slide it in there..... i THINK letter C is hot key on.... and off key off. May solve your problems. Id suggest NEVER going the route of stealing voltage.... you never know when you can mess shit up.. unless you really know what your doing.. A chilton or factory repair manual is your best friend at this point.

·
Premium Member
my civic or my gsx
239 Posts
yep. your illumination will come from the fuse box like stated above. 5 spade slots, lights are second in from the right. this will cause your tach to light when you turn your lights on. same place i tapped for mine. as for the radio and clock, replace the fuse under the hood, if the ones are good in your interior fuse panel then that is the one that is popped.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
you should be using orange for power and white for parking lights....

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The two red option outputs are Constant 12v (insert a fuse into #17 for the second from the left constant 12v), the orange is Accessory 12v, and white is a Parking Light input (fuse 19).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.