Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up always read but never posted first post so hear it goes 93 civic dx coupe car has auto harness and cluster only swapped tranny N neutral light alway stays On on dash
The car has original d15b7 fully built on chipped n tuned P06 for 8lbs of boost BUT ALL STOCK SENSORS no adjustable fuel pressure regulator only stock on but have after market rail

Ok hears the problem car starts up fine drives normal fine BUTTTTTTT when I accelerate hard in any gear it hesitates and backfires while driving car does not want to build boost but does but when I do do that after it idles funny sounds like I'm camming until I shut off and turn back on then fine until I hit boost
Now if I 1/4 throttle 1/2 throttle it's fine I don't know what the fuck it is I have tried new maps tps distributors grounds sparks plugs plug wires HELPPPPPPP

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
kinda sounds like its running super lean, i forgot to plug in my manual boost controller one day and accidentally overboosted past what i was tuned for and it started bucking and sputtering and shit.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Sounds like stock injectors and stock map sensor.

You build boost then then it acts funny but after turning it off and back on its fine. Your probably getting a code for high volt map sensor, which throws the car into limp mode.
10psi is normally the limit but it's possible that your over boosting or your gauges is reading wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brand new 10.2mm spark plug wires new NHL plugs the oem ones 5s new cap new rotor tried my friends new distrubutor same thing happens car was just tuned 2 weeks ago

And also I thought it was was the map hitting 10lbs but the springs are at 8lbs both and it happens when I 3/4 throttle it in any gear it would start spitting at 3 or 4lbs

And yes it does have stock map sensor but it doesn't go past 8lbs and it only wants to build boost in 1st gear all the other gears its a struggle but turbo sounds fine

And the gap on plugs is .032

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Brand new 10.2mm spark plug wires new NHL plugs the oem ones 5s new cap new rotor tried my friends new distrubutor same thing happens car was just tuned 2 weeks ago

And also I thought it was was the map hitting 10lbs but the springs are at 8lbs both and it happens when I 3/4 throttle it in any gear it would start spitting at 3 or 4lbs

And yes it does have stock map sensor but it doesn't go past 8lbs and it only wants to build boost in 1st gear all the other gears its a struggle but turbo sounds fine

And the gap on plugs is .032
gap sounds big.
I believe I ran a 26 when I was boosted. You could be blowing out the spark.
you can try to lower the gap.

and more information on the setup.
What turbo, injectors, who tune it etc...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Seems like a 5 heat range plug is way too hot for boost as well. Do you have a wideband or any tuning equipment? Try turning the boost down and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
HELPPPPPPP
Please try to punctuate & use actual sentences. Most people won't bother to read, let alone offer help.

Check the MECHANICAL timing, the timing belt/gear may be off. Once that's done, make sure ignition timing is set properly to match your tuner's ignition values at idle.

There's a good chance your gauge and/or spring aren't correct and instead you are hitting boost cut. Get a smaller spring or have your tuner post a picture of the ignition timing maps. Sometimes people put negative values in the areas they want to act as boost cut, and you overboost into that section of the map.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Timing was just done less then 1k miles ago I will try to re gap the plugs I have down to .026 all timing is on point is the stock ngk ones no good there only 2 days old

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry about that 440 cc injectors and tuned by Abraham in jersey I was referred to him by 10 plus ppl and garret 70 trim tuned to 8lbs use this as my daily

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the only thing I am waiting in is a wide band had one when being tuned then o2 wires broke so waiting on replace ment

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gapped the .026 plugs it runs better but like I said if I ease on the gas I could make it up to 160mph no problem but once I mash the gas it's starts break up this is so annoying.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts