Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pulling an engine out of a scrap car right now and i can't get the ball joint off for the life of me went to candian tire bought a ball joint tool and it was just this fork thing and i can't get it off with that either? i don't need any of the parts i just want the engine out? can i just saw the drive axles in half? anyone have and easier way?

thanks!!

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
cut the axles w/ a torch or a sawzaw. or maybe your just not using a big enough hammer. the fork has never failed me. but i have a pretty big hammer.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
what car are you pulling it from? If it's an 88-91, you dont have to pop the ball joints, just drop the suspension...all 4 bolts from the shock tower, then remove the fork...Axel will slide right out.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a 93 civic sedan and i popped the ball joints with a breaker bar not with the tool i bought haha... jacked it all the way up wedged the breaker bar in there and dropped and whammy!

thanks guys

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
you can get a balljoint seperator from any parts store for round 1o bux i think. you try getting the bitch pin out of the linkage yet. hope youve got some roll pin punches. and if you dont care about the car then saw zaw or torch the whole front of the car off and slide the motor effortlessly frontwards. thats how i got my b18b.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
what car are you pulling it from? If it's an 88-91, you dont have to pop the ball joints, just drop the suspension...all 4 bolts from the shock tower, then remove the fork...Axel will slide right out.
lol that works on a 99-00 also... f'ed up castle nut is rounded off so i dropped the suspension and it gave me enough room by about a nut hair.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i'm about to pull the engine and i realized the engine lift only has a hook on the end, anyone know how to rig up somethin to lift the engine out with?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
so i'm about to pull the engine and i realized the engine lift only has a hook on the end, anyone know how to rig up somethin to lift the engine out with?
Use a chain, and 2 bolts on the motor.

I use one of the transmission bolts (take it out, loop chain thru, then reattach to motor), and the alternator bracket bolt. That's how I do it, everyone does it differently.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sweet thanks guys, motor out forsure tommorow just got it connected! now i just need to figure out what i wanna build with this jdm d15b nonvtec and tranny that i got for free...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts