Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a problem here. so my engine is d17a2, and the compression ratio is 12.5 : 1. the problem is, it won't start when it's hot. but, if it is cold, or i haven't drive it for 1hour, it's easy to start the engine. so, if i just turn off the engine, seems like it needs a cool down for about 30minutes. i've also change a new battery two weeks ago, but nothing's better. any idea? what should i do?
help please..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i custmized the piston, oversized those and use high-domed pistons, and mill the head for 1 mm. and no check engine lights, because i did the ecu tuning, and everything works good, except the starter. any idea about the starter?
and what is egr?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
the egr is the exhaust gas recirculation. On the left side you the head you should see it. ill see if i can find a pic of it. what about the starter does it not wanna? take too long? seem like its under strain?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's just like when you have a low voltage in the battery, just won't start like that. then i changed the battery, and nothing's better.
what do you think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't think they're stucked in the cylinders, because i've got this setup for 6months and everything is okay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it tries to turn over the motor, but seems like the starter doesnt have the power, so the motor only have one turn, and turned very hardly like a drained battery. i also have tried to put a ground control to the engine, but it is only better for one week, the week after, it goes bad like before again.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Some where you are either have a huge short to ground or not enough grounds. Next time the motor wont start just hook a set of jumper cables from the battery negative to the trans and see if it starts then. If so then you gotta go hunting for a short or completely redo the grounds with new stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts