Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06 dodge ram 2500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 92 civic hatchback si with a boosted d16z6. I recently rebuilt the motor upgrading pistons and rods to handle more boost after cracking all four pistons, I also bored it out to 75.5, jus to remove the scaring of the sleeves I have a long list of what was done to it but none of that is my issue after I completed the build I started the car to do a check through and heat cycles and car started fine and ran fine. After taking it down the road it killed after going about 300 ft down the road. Took it home and overlooked it everything was fine no leaks spitting or sputtering while idling, overheating anything out the norm. Took it out the next day and same problem car ran good for a little while then killed now I can't get it to start. I have the hondata S100 and haven't had it retuned after the build I didn't think the boring would affect any of the previous tunes air fuel ratio and what not before I go and update to the s300 and do a retune can anyone help me figuring out what the problem could be or if it does just need a retune thanks in advance.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,046 Posts
haven't said what type of pistons or rods you used as they can affect the compression, thus affecting the a/f's

Im going to go with timing.

·
Registered
06 dodge ram 2500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry went with wiseco pistons can't remember compression ratio off hand and eagle forged rods. I will look Into the timing.. I had jus timed it before doing my heat cycles and stuff

8:4.1 compression ratio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts