Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so i made a mistake, and put an inspection sticker in my mercededs. well end all be all i got a "improper use of an inspection sticker" and i don't know what to do, i'm on the phone trying to move the court date right now, should i be worried, i have never had anything but one other speeding ticket. should i seek legal councle?

thanks so much D, (sorry i was being stupid as fuck and regret it )

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Just pay the fine and get on with your life.

I doubt they are going to treat you like a criminal

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
LOL

dont scare the guy worse then he already is.

OP< move down here to florida like everyone else.

Theres no inspection here.
Ive seen bumpers dragging on the ground, lights not working, hoods flying off on the hwy!

so whatever you got will fit right in!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats where the car was from, in VA this is a class 1 mistermenor, so tech i could get jail time, but so is reckless driving, its a fucked up system, I can't just pay the fine i do have to appear. I did just file my continuance so I now have till late jan. This was just a cop being a dick head honestly being very nit picky my car was legal but the sticker, thats besides the point. I wish it was a pay up front so. just looking for some advice.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
I had to appear to court just for my speeding ticket, certain county's have different rules about how to handle the tickets. Then again VA might have certain state wide rules.

Plus if you had Florida tags on the car you wouldn't need the inspection sticker because you are from out of state.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Ahh

well IDK the laws up there.. but you wouldve been better off not having a decal period then trying to fake the funk.

If the car is from Florida, then you can claim you just recieved it a week or 2 ago.

I dont know the whole story as there seems to be more of this story coming out the deeper we go into the thread.

So before we go speculating, why not give us the whole story.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I dunno about VA, but in PA it's a $25 fine + costs for missing/expired inspection.

I'm sure forging one is far, far worse.

should have just left it off instead of pulling a fast one.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Did you get mixed up? Do you have 2 vehicles and put the sticker in the wrong one?
Don't think so. The emission sticker is out on by the shop that does the emission a normal person should never have them in there hands. So I'm guessing he brought it off of someone. So it wouldn't be in the system.

Best thing you can do is say you told your brother or someone to get the sticker done and when you came back it had a sticker on it so you didn't question it.
And tell the Jude that if you knew it was fake you would of gotten a real one.

Bt I wish you the best and hopefully you just pay a fine, get a real sticker and move on.

I remember here in tx a man go a ticket for speeding it was for 1mile over the limit. And ticket ended up causing him about $200 after court fees and what nt.
These laws can be crap.

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
They system just wants your money. That's all they are after you won't get any jail time I'm sure of it. You think they would rather fine you and take your money or put you in jail and pay to maintain you?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts