Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 88 crx si, cp pistons 9.1 compression, eagle h beam rods, arp head studs, cometic head gasket, t3/t4 turbo,eaqual length manifold, spearco fmic, greddy type s bov, new motor mounts w/ inserts, wahlbro 255 fuel pump, aem fuel rail, plus more i forgot. when i throw about 3-4 lbs of boost @ it it throws a code hesitates and when i let off it wont idle and hard to keep running @ low rpm's. I had someone tell me its the map sencor, that stock hondas cant read that high. im not familiar with obd0 or older hondas. id appreceate any help i can get. I did some searching but im not that good with a comp so please dont flame me

my bad im using turbo link with extra injectors, which i think is a lil lean. would leaning out the motor throw a code on the obd0 cars?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
yes, you definately need something to prevent the map sensor from seeing boost. the factory ecu will go into limp mode and get a CEL as soon as it sees positive pressure

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
missing links and extra injectors are a bad idea. i would sell the shit and chip and tune your ecu. way more reliable and easier to tune. how are you pulling timing? i would hate to see a 400 hp capable setup blow with less than 250 whp.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
missing links and extra injectors are a bad idea. i would sell the shit and chip and tune your ecu. way more reliable and easier to tune. how are you pulling timing? i would hate to see a 400 hp capable setup blow with less than 250 whp.
whats the best way to as far as tuning for the $$ i had aem ems but the jackass who ordered it bought it for the wrong honda so i sold it and im kinda broke now but i know tuning is about everything. theres a local tuner here who helped develop neptune that i was thinkin about. i kinda wanna go with ems but its soooo much
btw i already have new 550 injectors for it

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
do some searching around on Crome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all your help, i think ima just do it rite like i did the rest of the car and go with turbo edit, neptune or aem. and ditch this turbo link. anyone want a turbo link lmao

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
ill check it out, i saw alota guys r runnin that but i never heard of it. i was thinkin about turbo edit cuz of the obd0 reason, but i might just save up a lil $$ bein as its winter and get the aem
forget the AEM, just use turbo-edit (or run OBD1 and use crome...)

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
yeah dude, scrap that aem idea with a quickness

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill prob end up with it, just gotta do some research on it and fig out where to get it turbo edit that is. i built this dam thing to make alota power outa that lil motor (lil d16 to be different) and gave up on it for a while but now full bore on it, thanks for all the info guys!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts