Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well as the title say i need some help. now before you go and say stupid shit like by a E-Ghey gasket kit. listen i'm a e-ghey whore and there's things you don't buy you stay OEM. as for my head i'm sending it out once my money is straight so at the moment not importat but still post. so here's what i've gotten so far:

Hatsen Piston ring
ACL Bearing(main, rod and thrust)
OEM D16Y8 HG
OEM Oil pan gasket
OEM Rod bolts and nuts
OEM Flywheel bolts
OEM Oil pump
OEM water pump
OEM Thermastate
OEM Tensioner
OEM Timing belt
OEM Oil seal
Optima battery (if i ever get to pick it up from Foo. lol)

i will be getting a 135amp alternator, i will also need some advice in upgrade on the ground and power wires(do be an idiot and say an amp kit, i will flame you) i'm not going to run a huge system but i don't want any power surge/lost either. just good advice on rewiring things.

thank

remo

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i'm doing. i'm ordering from majestic as i'm posting. i've order/traded for parts so i'm not trying in rebuying like i did w/my ACL bearings i have 2 sets of rod bearing. lol.

·
Registered
983 Posts
If the guy that i bought a head gasket for doesn't come to have it put on

I can ship it to you for say 25 shipped...

Edit it is OEM honda too Also have valve seal... 20 shipped

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the guy that i bought a head gasket for doesn't come to have it put on

I can ship it to you for say 25 shipped...

Edit it is OEM honda too Also have valve seal... 20 shipped
i'm game i have a head gasket already but i'll buy another one, lol.the valve seal fur shur

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
i dont know if this is the info u want but here's what my home made grounding kit contained:

lots of 4 gauge wire! ppl usually tell me that the 8 gauge is more than enough since your just adding to the factory 12/10 gauge grounds, but i didnt add.. i replaced (those stock grounds r ugly as fook)

i changed the grounds for (at least what i can remember)
head, block, gearbox - all to 4 gauge.. there was something else i think i remember there being 5 or 6 things grounded in all
alternator and battery grounds were 2 and 0 gauge respectively.

all the power wires i could find were upgraded depending on what size they were initially... went up one notch on size so everything ended up being 8 and 4 gauge mostly. 0awg from the battery to my amplifier though.

i did all that cus i had a little music in the car.. i dunno if ur gonna want any of tha info i jus figured *shrug*

PS i used DBlink platinum series purple wires right through...

dont flame me!!!!!! :hammer:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why not go with arp rod bolts and nuts?
oem were cheaper for the rods bolts nuts and flywheel bolts. plus i'm not going turbo, so i feel they are better in that application. my opinion. but i will get the head bolts.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know if this is the info u want but here's what my home made grounding kit contained:

lots of 4 gauge wire! ppl usually tell me that the 8 gauge is more than enough since your just adding to the factory 12/10 gauge grounds, but i didnt add.. i replaced (those stock grounds r ugly as fook)

i changed the grounds for (at least what i can remember)
head, block, gearbox - all to 4 gauge.. there was something else i think i remember there being 5 or 6 things grounded in all
alternator and battery grounds were 2 and 0 gauge respectively.

all the power wires i could find were upgraded depending on what size they were initially... went up one notch on size so everything ended up being 8 and 4 gauge mostly. 0awg from the battery to my amplifier though.

i did all that cus i had a little music in the car.. i dunno if ur gonna want any of tha info i jus figured *shrug*

PS i used DBlink platinum series purple wires right through...

dont flame me!!!!!! :hammer:
no thats perfect info. :TU: i just wasted a reasurance i was going to do the same thing but i needed to hear it from someone else. thank rep for joo but the system say you need to spread before giving you again. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts