Honda D Series Forum banner

HELP!! p08-1 9/3 head casting marks???

11K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  whityuo 
#1 ·
Just bought a head for my sohc Zc. The casting says p08-1 9/3 and I cant find any information on this casting. All I know is that it came off of an EG and its vtec. Bought it with a p28 ecu. Can someone please help me identify my head.

#3 ·
That's what dude that sold it to me said it was. But I've been looking at charts. And I see that he z6 head starts with p08 but they end with different numbers like p08-2,3,4,5. Haven't seen anything ending with a 1. Except jdm d15b, but even then that casting is p08-1 9/1 not 9/3. So confusing.!!

#4 ·
It is.the jdm d15b I just. Picked one up sat thinking it was a d16z6 head bcus the p08 number but didn't realize p08-1 is different.looked up online Nd.it.came.out it was jdm d15b vtec head my casting was p08-1 9/4 but the info I found says this head is almost identical to the z6 head.but.the jdm d15b head.has a more aggressive cam w.e that means

#5 ·
And the 9/3 number on your head stands for.the year.the.head.was.made....just like mine has a 9/4 so yours.woulda been made in 1993 and mine.would have.been made in 1994 got it???? I am trying to fig out what I can do to.this.head Tp get the most.power I have aem cam gear on it.but plan on taking apart and.rebuilding, it has a burnt valve if.anyone reads this please drop some knowledge!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.