Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched but became a little confused from differ threads.. i know that it wouldve been easier if i used an auto y8 intake mani but i came across a manual y8 intake mani so i bought it. its a complete intake mani , i also received a z6 tb with it with the sensors etc etc..

since i bought a manual intake mani instead of an auto intake mani, what would i need to be completed to bolt on? i went a lil unprepared and just bought the intake mani without knowing all the pieces i need.

can i use my y7 fuel injectors and y7 tb or should i switch it to the z6 tb and y8 injectors? any other possible parts i would need for an intake mani swap?! can i use my y7 fuel rail or should i use the y8s? i do plan to boost in the future but not currently at the moment and just starting off to install my intake mani first

thx in advanced

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
1 u need to use the y7 injectors
2 u need to block off the aicv unless u convert to a 2 wire aicv depend son year of ur car
3 depending on the year of the intake mani u might have to block off the lil holes on the intake manifold

yes u can use the y7 tb u will have to use the y8 acelelator thing on the y7 oh dont forget give me some rep plus next time search there is a stickie on it

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
1 u need to use the y7 injectors
2 u need to block off the aicv unless u convert to a 2 wire aicv depend son year of ur car
3 depending on the year of the intake mani u might have to block off the lil holes on the intake manifold

yes u can use the y7 tb u will have to use the y8 acelelator thing on the y7 oh dont forget give me some rep plus next time search there is a stickie on it
accelerator thing? lol

throttle rotor you mean.

if your manifold is off a 99-00 your going to have to block off the air injection holes. otherwise your idle will be higher than me last night! ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you still run OBD2, you need the Y7's 190cc injectors and the Y7 throttle body for the 3-wires rotative IACV.

You need the Y7 gasket throttle body to not have IACV leak.

Also, to put the Y7 throttle body, you need to swap the throttle cable plate and his spring with the Y8's one.

You can use the Y7 throttle cable by adjusting it at the maximum and installing the cable bracket only on one bolt.

BTW, the Y8 throttle cable is bolt-on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
using the y7 injectors i have in right now would be ok right?! i dont need to buy new y7 injectors just for this intake mani swap?
Just re-use the same injectors you're already running. You can use the same fuel rail also. Remove the fuel rail with injectors on it.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
my intake mani also has the air injection holes on it.. what or where can i go/use to block off these holes?! can i take it to a muffler shop or somethin to have it weld lil metal to cover it up or something?!
fill them with jb weld. works perfectly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Question, I bought a Y8 intake manifold and a Y8 TB with a 3wire IACV on the TB. I also bought a Y8 TB gasket. I plan to use the Y7 fuel rail, injectors, regualtor, and hardware. Does anyone see an issue with this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
no problems with that setup i've done the same thing on mine. i also didn't have to do anything special with my throttle cable it worked with out a problem. i remember swapping the throttle rotor from the ex throttle body onto my y7. i filled the holes for the iacv on the y8 manifold with silicone then jbweld. worked great. now i'm using this manifold on another car and was able to take the jbweld back out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
what did you use for the 2wire from the y8 intake mani to fit on the y7 3wire?
If you use the stock OBD2 ECU, you have to use the 3wires rotative IACV on the Y7 TB.

If you use any other ECU, you have to use the 2wires IACV on the Y8 IM. 2wires Honda round connectors are (almost) all the same, so you can take one on any Honda car. (Radiator fan switch, VTEC, etc)

Wires can be any color, just put your two connectors with the clip up to be sure you put the good wire on the other connector.

3wires Center --> 2wires Up
3wires Right --> 2wires Down
3wires Left --> Unused

If you follow this picture :
3wires yellow/black --> 2wires green
3wires blue/black --> 2wires black
3wires orange --> Unused

1 - 17 of 17 Posts