1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 ex

the only motor i have been able to find in my price range is a d15b

it is being sold as a long block

so my question is---can i use all the external parts off the z6 such as sensors, intake, manifold, wiring harness's, altenator and water pump and drop it in and go?...does everything line up and all that good stuff.....

thanks,

ADAM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean i shouldn't need to swap everything....it only comes block head and valve cover???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
am i right or what?

i just need to know before i buy it...

also it says it's a 1.5, but that doesn't make any sense cause it's being sold as a long block so i would have to use the z6 intake and it's 1.6 correct?

·
Registered
civic
124 Posts
are you using your stock z6 harness?

if not...remember you will have to switch it around to accomodate the RHD civic it came from

we ALMOST put mine in before we realized it

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
longblocks have everything inside the block. (including water pump etc...; just no manifolds etc.)

but check out the D15B FAQ:

Basically, replace the timing belt and water pump (cheap insurance)
and mahe SURE the timing belt tensioner is in good working order (when they get shipped, they tend to deterriorate or freeze up)

Spark Plugs: ZFR6J-11

the only RHD gear on the block would be on the TB for the Right side throttle.... and that's on the IM. The valvecover might have a few extra small brackets... just discard em if they aren't on your old setup.... the motors should look almost identical.... casting codes on the heads for instance (P08).

·
Registered
119 Posts
what d15b is he talking about? you guys are talking about the d15b v-tec right? a lot of motor places are selling d15b carb motors with out the carb& intake. hens longblock only. uses you intake-may have to change water pump tube-have to change some sencers (like fan relay in block). SO WHAT D15B IS HE TALKING ABOUT? I DID NOT HEAR HIM SAY V-TEC

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes it's a v-tec d15b...i talked to the guy at the place i'm getting it from and he said just use all my sensors and intakes and it will drop right in

to answer your question solfly i bought this car from a kid who threw a rod through the oil pan...i'm just gonna replace with a d15b and have the block mic'd and sell it along with the head which i have already found out is in good working condition and make my money back to equal a free motor :)

i just bought the motor tonight so i'll be doin the drop here in about 4 or 5 days....can't wait....yyyeeaahhhhi have a new water pump and timing belt i planned to use when i do this(was in the trunk when i bought it...hells yeah)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts