Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helo guys... Can someone help me out with my exhaust. I got a fix it ticket for a loud exhaust. I tried to put a stock muffler back from my friend del sol and still its loud. What should i do? Or what kind of exhaust will i put it except the stock to have a low db level? Thanks...

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
What is your exhaust set up now? It doesn't have to be completly silent, I'm surprised the stock muffler didn't help. Do you have cat?

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
get a muffler and make sure its a twin loop...and a resonator and cac converter.
Whats your current setup, from headers back.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
as long as you have a stock muffler in VA, it can be as loud as it is. show them you have a OEM muffler now, you should be fine. unless cali goes by DB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just have a dc 4 2 1 headers and all the stock piping but the tip is a 4.5" that was just welded on the stock piping. I replaced the 4.5" muffler with the stock one but its still loud. Nothings change... And on the end of the month i got an appointment with the red to check the db level if it will be below the maximum level...

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
go tell em does americans bitch about the chinese eating cats? hell no but here america we let em so tell em u got mad tyte jdm motar!!!!!! and tell em to jus deal wit it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Helo guys... Can someone help me out with my exhaust. I got a fix it ticket for a loud exhaust. I tried to put a stock muffler back from my friend del sol and still its loud. What should i do? Or what kind of exhaust will i put it except the stock to have a low db level? Thanks...
yeah get a cat converter
get a type r 2 inch downpipe.
u should be fine if you do that

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
so you have a 4-2-1 header, stock exhaust(stock cat/pipe), and a fart can? does the exhaust have a leak anywhere...where the header meets the cat? where cat meets stock exhaust? is there a hole rusted in the exhaust?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
what kind of fucking statement is that? WTF do chinese people eating cats have to do with dB levels in the state of California? weak.... even if you are being sarcastic.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
what kind of fucking statement is that? WTF do chinese people eating cats have to do with dB levels in the state of California? weak.... even if you are being sarcastic.
who u talking to?
asian people dont eat cats lol
***** we eat yo dogs, plus asian aren't the only country that eat dogs,mexican eat that shit too lol.
food is food. is like eating cow,rabbits,frogs and shit.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
I'm talking to "dmindles" over there. Should have quoted him first. and yes you are right, we eat all that and then some.

·
Registered
82 Posts
who u talking to?
asian people dont eat cats lol
***** we eat yo dogs, plus asian aren't the only country that eat dogs,mexican eat that shit too lol.
food is food. is like eating cow,rabbits,frogs and shit.
LOL. This is getting more interesting the more I read.

Check for exhaust leaks if you have all the right hardware.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
sounds to me like you have an exhaust leak somewhere if its still loud when you put an oem muffler back on... i mean thats kind of common sense...

oem exhaust plus a header doesnt mean it sounds like a race car...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts