Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new to this forum i just got a 91 hatch with no engine or tranny and i wanted to know what would be best for me for boost to get a d16a6 obo0 or a d16z6 obo1 i want about 250-280 hp i understand that i might have to build the block a little like pistons and rods and a good headgasket i really dont know how the vtec works or how i go about tune one so i think that the d16a6 would probally be best for me but i want to know your guys input. thanks in advance

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
either of those motors will work fine and they will both yield about the same results. it basically comes down to preference of whether you want vtec or not.

if you are wanting to tune it yourself and dont have much experience in that area, id suggest the a6 for the fact that non vtec is a little easier to tune.

if you stay obd0 you can run a chipped pm6 and TurboEdit, which should get you your goals pretty easy. if you go the vtec route, i suggest an obd1 conversion and use either Uber or Crome. i suggest Crome for the fact that there is still support for that program and they are constantly improving it

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
ef4doorcivic said:
how much does the chip and turboedit run for?
Turboedit is free...www.pgmfi.org

if you have a pm6 ecu, you can have it chipped for about $75, if you dont, you can buy pre-chipped obd0 ecus for about $135

either PM 5speed4life on here, or visit www.xenocron.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help ryan i called my local engine shop called G-speed well anyways i called them and asked for a d16a6 they told me that they have a D16a6 for 375 with 30k-50k miles and i also asked about the dohc zc they dident have any so then i asked for the single cam zc and they told that the single zc is the d16a6 im a little confused know anyways is the price good for the d16a6/zc ? or should i look around somewhere else for a better price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help ryan i called my local engine shop called G-speed well anyways i called them and asked for a d16a6 they told me that they have a D16a6 for 375 with 30k-50k miles and i also asked about the dohc zc they dident have any so then i asked for the single cam zc and they told that the single zc is the d16a6 im a little confused know anyways is the price good for the d16a6/zc ? or should i look around somewhere else for a better price?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Great price. You can find them on eGay for around $450 - $500 I think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts