Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the story. Just finished putting in my fully built D16Y7. A lot of things are changed and the list is as follows.

12.54:1 C/R
Bisimoto Level 3 cam
Forged rods, Race bearings
KMS springs and retainers.
Edelbrock Performer X Intake mani
B series 60m TB
240cc Y8 injectors

Thats pretty much the basics of what is majorly different. Now, obviously i had to work out the changes in how to hook up the intake mani, as its far different to the Y7, but should eb the same as a Y8 swap. Everythign is correct as far as i can see.

WHat happens is, as soon as it starts cranking, its as if it fires once. Just the one cylinder, then it stops firing and just cranks over and over. Tried tow starting, and still notrhign, just spins over, doesnt fire.

Its throwing two CEL's at the moment. Code 14, which i knew would happen, the IACV, as it isnt hooked up. And the second cell, is Code 9. Cylinder position sensor...

I enquired about engine mangement with a company that sells and tunes Hondata, which is what i will use. But to just get it up and running, he said use the current ECU, to run it in and then get ti set up with a chipped ECU when ready. Could this be the problem, that the Y7 ECU just isnt man enough for somehting so wild? Because the cam shaft is a monster

I have a chipped ECU that i have a basemap on that someone wrote a while agao for me, is it worth trying that instead, as the maps may be better?

Please help! And s orry for the essay, just want all the information out there!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh, its got a spark. I think i will double check the fuelling tomorrow.

Also, i found it strange that all of a sudden, a known good distributor, never having had any probs before, starts putting out the CYP code as soon as its on this engine...

The CYP code shouldnt make it not start though should it? Ive heard it makes it slighlty harder maybe, or is it worsened by the fact its a never run before engine?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think man, that you should put back your stock intake mani and go from there. that car sound like mine's when I tried to change DX to SI intake mani, it did that same thing engine turn over but no fire, had a spark but nothing hapen. and I did the step by step DX to SI conversion and it did'nt work.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think man, that you should put back your stock intake mani and go from there. that car sound like mine's when I tried to change DX to SI intake mani, it did that same thing engine turn over but no fire, had a spark but nothing hapen. and I did the step by step DX to SI conversion and it did'nt work.

Hmm, i might try that then, thanks for that. :TU:

ANyone else got any other possible ideas before i go and waste another day frigging about with it!?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
i did a "mini me" swap on a Y7 and accidently swapped around the TPS and MAP sensor plugs(they look the same and will plug in), it was a bitch to start and when it did it ran like pure crap. once i figured out the problem all was good. you might want to check this...................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts