Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for who could help thanks alot in advance, have an 98 ex civic that when i got it it had a y5 motor, well anowho its an ex so i knew the motor wasnt original. long story short motor needed replacement or rebuilt, buddy had a d16y7 layin around in his garage. he shot me it so im able have my car back on the road, performance aint too much of something im worried about but got that motor in and now it wont stay on without having to keep my foot on the accelerator pedal. so im needing help on how could i get it to run properly with ex wiring harness and the y7 motor.. or what ecu..? everything manual, replacement and the previous parts motor everything.. any ideas what it could be..? sorry for any misinputs or inc grammer..

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
yank the y7 head, throw on the y5. enjoy.

or find a p2e if you don't want to work that hard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also so wiring harness connectors were already messed with from the begining since the iac wire conversion nd what not..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you see i wanted to use that same y7 head since im sure the y5 one needs some repairing since it was loosing coolant before removed the y5.. nd it could be false but i was told that youd have to do some modifying to fit a y5 or y8 head on a y7 block..?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
youd need a head gasket anyway, couldn't hurt to have it milled a bit. and while youre there replace the water pump and timing belt set.....but its your car. do you bro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive tried it with the p2e as well, the p2p and couple other ones ive had from before...

iether way thanks alot bro for the pointers.. iappreciate it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts