Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there..

Writing from Sweden..

Well this is my first post on this forum, and i guess there will be more.
My spelling may not always be correct but i hope you get what i mean anyway..

I have a -91 crx si with a D16a6 engine, i think it`s imported from the usa,,
(the seat belts are mounted in the doors)..!

I`m planning on using the car on the frosen lake with rally tires, so i`m looking for some hp

Some questions..

If i choose to go n\a i guess its easiest to swap to a dohc v-tec for some extra hp,,

What dohc engine will fit on my gearbox,, L3

What is the strongest gearbox\engine setup that will bolt on to my crx

If i choose to go turbo, can i use this engine i have to start with,,? and is it a good idea?

Suggestions ???

Thanx for a great site....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Din växellåda passar inte på doch vtec motorn så det är lika bra du ställer in dig på att byta allt! Varför vänder du dig inte till svenska hondaklubben?

D16a6 är inte importerad från USA den är svensksåld. Vill du få vtec så kan du byta toppen till en från d16z6, det är samma block men saknar oljekanal till vtecsolenoiden så den får man dra utan på.

Mitt tips är att köpa en b16 eller h22 från prelude ifall du vill ha mer hk och vrid.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah you can use your engine,no problems..
I think that you'll go cheaper to boost your engine,than to do swap for dohc..
and you'll get more hp..

·
Registered
308 Posts
A N/A engine with the same hp as a boosted engine is always better!!

Put in a h22 and you will end up with the same money as a turbo built.
Things are more expensive in Sweden. I we buy something from USA we have to ad a customs fee and taxes 38% + shipping.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
depends on how much hp you're looking to gain. do you want 10-20 more, just do your basic bolt ons intake, header, exhaust, swap in some p29 pistons to bump your compression up another 1.5. want 20-30 more, throw in a cam and get some head work done. want 50-100 more, nitrous for instant power or a turbo setup for 100-200 more.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Things are more expensive in Sweden. I we buy something from USA we have to ad a customs fee and taxes 38% + shipping.
what are you talking about?!?
n\a whit same power better than turbo?????????
you are confused or something...
or you were :bong:

·
Registered
53 Posts

what are you talking about?!?
n\a whit same power better than turbo?????????
you are confused or something?
or you were :bong:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
DOHC vtec for n/a power. and stay SOHC if you want boost..no reason not to. But I wouldnt build a D series for motor..lol.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah n/a power is nasty, power across the board, instant. n/a powerband = longer = better.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Det du gjør. Du skaffer d16z6 (esi) også turbokonverterer du den :) Jeg har det og kjører fint med det og 99 oktan her i Norge =).

Mye mer morsomt en N/a, h22 blir for tungt og kronglete og d16 er billigere en b16.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Zoobi, we have a guy in Sweden with a h22 in an civic eg and its not any heavyer that a b16. It runs wonderful!!
And if he has a d16a6 today he doesn´t need to buy a complette d16z6 he only needs the topp. The block is the same.

·
Registered
283 Posts
same power na or turbo, go na. I would never build a sohc for motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tanx for the fast reply, any ideas for a cheap turbo install..?

is it a good gearbox ( L3 ) compared to the one on the v-tec, hp handling??

And again thanks for all the help..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Zoobi, we have a guy in Sweden with a h22 in an civic eg and its not any heavyer that a b16. It runs wonderful!!
And if he has a d16a6 today he doesn´t need to buy a complette d16z6 he only needs the topp. The block is the same.

Very true, but it is not that much space when you drop a h22 in. I would rather go b20 instad of h22 if you are going N/a. Or just keep the D!!

Like you say, get a z6 head and your are on a good way.

Search before building, it is several things and options to do a turbo build. But if you want N/a then do it, but it is cheaper to make you car go faster with turbo xD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts