Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the cylinder head from my CX to swap a B7 head on, and I can NOT get the head bolts loose for the LIFE of me. I don't want to use an impact, the bolts move maybe a few degrees then stop, anyone have ANY idea on what might be going wrong, I really don't want to strip threads or snap a bolt! :(

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Those bolts shouldn't take a whole lot of force to remove. i was able to take mine out of the Y8 with just a conventional 1/2" ratchet and a foot on the engine to stabilize it. It may require you to strain just for a second, but it sounds like you may have stretched head bolts, which can be a big bitch. Is the engine in your car or outside of it? the former can pose some serious problems for any quick solution IMO. cuz you could always try and turn them out and if they break just drill em out, but that could be disastrous with an engine mounted in your car.

Sorry i can't be of more assistance, but i would kind of have to be there to help, if that makes any sense.

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
I am removing the cylinder head from my CX to swap a B7 head on, and I can NOT get the head bolts loose for the LIFE of me. I don't want to use an impact, the bolts move maybe a few degrees then stop, anyone have ANY idea on what might be going wrong, I really don't want to strip threads or snap a bolt! :(
righty tighty lefty loosey?

also i hope your useing a braker bar and if your a small guy you might wanna attach an extra bar to it

also is the motor in the ebay?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys! I got them loose with a ridiculously large (4 foot long steel tubing) breaker bar. The engine is still inside the bay. The bolts were indeed stretched, probably adding to my frustration :) Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
lol,
you got to do what you gotta do right?
hmm, do i hear ARP head studs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts