Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title,
smoke are white blueish with a bit grey .. so i think its oil since my oil at deepstick goes down even little and with a lil bit rich mixture
and no loss water in radiator reservoir

and FYI, this smoke appear only when i push the throttle higher than 3000 rpm,especially in decelaration
theres no smoke on idle and below 3000 rpm

i have checked compression test on each cylinder by comp.gauge , it showed good number, theres no comp. leak above 10%, since i use Total seal ring

i have change valve stem seal too with a new one

what else i have to do ..? any suggest?

many thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
It sounds like rings to me since theoil is not getting past them until the higher rpms. could be the HG but you would have other signs. coolant looking brown air bubble in the oil. a compression test should yeld the answers you seek.
but my call is bad rings:sadface:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or should i go/test with more viscosity oil
now i use 5w-30 , should i try the one with 10w-40 to help ?

like i said, i have do a compression test, and it show a good number

now i have to check my water reservoir, if theres oil or not

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
compression test, i dont even know how or how useful that is..

but a leak down test? now that u could do and see all sorts of things u couldnt see from ur basic compression test..

the more gas+rpm the more smoke? sounds like rings to me...

ur dipstick oil goes down a little bit even though ur running rich? <-- is this correct?

could be u just washed oil from the rings and shot the rings? i dunno

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know exactly whats the diff between leakdown test n compression test

but what i have done is i have compressed air into sparkplug hole each cyl.
and the gauge show the result each cyl. is below 10%

how about pcv system? how can i test ?

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
you have done a leakdown test. and your results look decent.

a compression test is when you measure the PSI your motor can create in the combusion chamber, with a compression gauge. (turn it over about 4 compression strokes with no fuel and the throttle wide open)

you can test your PCV system by make sure your PCV valve works, and making sure your PCV hoses are not collapsing/kinking. make sure the PCV hose coming off the valve cover to your intake manifold isnt clogged. if your PCV system is clogged, you get a build up of pressure (cause by ring blow by) inside your crank case. that usually will cause oil leaks...

when you replaced the valve seals did u replace both the exhaust and intake seals? they are different (you most likely know that)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts