Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic hb
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a buddy just did a sohc vtec zc swap in a 90 std civic hatch and convered the hatch to obd1 and mpfi and vtec and when we started it up it started up then we went to turn if off and it wouldnt we turn the key off and pulled it out it kept running so we disconnected the ground on the battery it still kept running so we disconnected the positive battery cable and it still was running so at this time the batter is out of car key is to and car is still running so i un did the ecu and it turned off so my question is y isnt it turning off when i turn key off or even un did battery?

thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
LMAO!! AWESOME! you have the ignition wires and kill wires all messed up...BWAHAHAHAHA!!

get a wire diagram and follow the wires from the keyed ignition, you'll find your problem...

as for why the car was still running after the disconnect from the battery, your car was running, so the alternator was providing all the power needed to run the car.

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
^the battery is mainly used to supply enough voltage to turn it over...or run your acc.

awesome.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Oh it'll turn off! Gas is a must for engine operation.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
pull resistor box or group ground plug, killing the injectors all at once.

Which is a nice little theft deterent......

·
Registered
^^^^
2,122 Posts
Yeah, I'm a fan of the ECU fuse. I use that at night around here for
peace of mind. After you lose two cars to degenerates, you really
appreciate your rides. When I'm shopping in Meijer at 2 am, it's nice
to know I'll only come out to a busted up ignition and lock. Unless
they're using the flatbed that night, of course.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts