Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some help...

the car is a 93 si hatch, with a y7/z6 mini me swap in it.. it has a z6 obd1 harness in it,p28 ecu..
timing is perfect, compression is good, has spark, fuel, etc.. idles fine..

when you go to give it gas or rev it up past like 3k , it starts to stutter and bog real bad and stumbles and shuts off, kinda makes like a pop pop noise when trying to go past 3k.. i took it for a ride and it felt like it had no balls at all. wouldnt run right and kept stuttering and popping and bogging..

i have no idea whats the problem. i thought it was timing since thats what it sounded like so i redid the timing for the 3rd time, all perfect...

its throwing code 4 which is crank positioning sensor and the blocks was removed since it has a z6 harness on it now.. so i think its in the dizzy?

i tried 3 dizzys from z6s and they all are still throwing that code.. also sometimes it will throw code 5 but that was before i swapped another z6 dizzy on it and now i only get code 4..

i reset the ecu fuse everytime and i have no idea why its not running correctly.. could you please help me out.. id really appreciate it..

thanks in advance..

·
Registered
175 Posts
ill take a crack at it......

Id check the wiring off the distributor maybe a plug end got loose or something such as that....

If its not off the distributor check plugs near the ecu.

I think you may have a loose connection somewhere also while your looking at the plugs why not clean them with some contact cleaner.....I dont know if that woudl fix it but if you tried 3 z6 dizzy's then it might be somethign to do with wiring

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
My guess is to switch the MAP sensor and TPS sensor connectors over, cuz they are the exact same. This could be causing your problem cuz i've seen it happen before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts