Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys, i really hope you can help me out.

This is a build.. well a re-build ....A customer brought in a d16z6 coupe which had a fried electromotive unit, which means it has all the stock engine harness hacked up... its a pain in the ass... cause he wants to turn it back to stock.

Well... The thing is.. i almost have all the wires re-routed and back to stock, but... there is something i dont get.. i hope you can help me out identifying some wires and a plug.

So...

Right under the intake manifold there is a thick hose which has inside a lot of cables... one of it plugs right in the oil presure sender/sensor. All the others are inyector related and stuff... I see that in there I have 2 wires cut. Well you see 4 wires cause they have different colours, but it gives the impression as if they are only 2 wires that were cut... so basically you have 4 wires.... i hope it make sense... well... i dont know where this wires go?... if any one can help it would be great.

Pics...

See the next pic for a close up.

And finally,... does someone knows were this plugs?

Thanks to all, and im sorry for the inconveniences.

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
what year is the coupe? is there a OBD conversion harness?, if you dont know what a OBD conversion harness looks like trace at the ECU plugs back under the dash shouldn't be to far tho. there will be sockets for ecu plugs that lead to the plugs in the ECU with a number of wires between the socks and plugs running into the firewall.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
what chassis/year is the car?? the last picture, looks like the crank positioning sensor plug... and the z6 doesnt have one.. thats the only thing i can think of....

the green/white wire has 3 options... its either for the brake switch sensor for the lights; or an IACV wire; or its a sensor ground wire.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
have the customer buy a factory replacement harness. you can find used ones at junk yards. It is probably a bad idea to replice a hacked apart harness as there will be a huge potential for shorts. shouldnt be too expensive to just pull the whole harness and reroute a new one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what chassis/year is the car?? the last picture, looks like the crank positioning sensor plug... and the z6 doesnt have one.. thats the only thing i can think of....

the green/white wire has 3 options... its either for the brake switch sensor for the lights; or an IACV wire; or its a sensor ground wire.
Hey! I think you gave me an idea.... THis car doesnt have an IACV... Does the iacv has 2 wires? maybe its the iacv wires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yellow-black stripe is an injector wire in the engine compartment
It cant be.. all the 4 yellow-black stripe wires are hooked up to the inyectors and they all receive 12v. This must be another wire with the same colours. Thanks for the answer.

have the customer buy a factory replacement harness. you can find used ones at junk yards. It is probably a bad idea to replice a hacked apart harness as there will be a huge potential for shorts. shouldnt be too expensive to just pull the whole harness and reroute a new one.
In Argentina, we dont have that kind of junk yards and everything is difficult. I have to deal with this. Thanks

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
The yellow/black wire is either for IGP1 or IGP2.

The IGP1/2 power comes from the main relay/fuse box underhood. This power then goes to the ecu at IGP1/2 and goes to the injectors, IACV, etc. in the engine bay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Hey! I think you gave me an idea.... THis car doesnt have an IACV... Does the iacv has 2 wires? maybe its the iacv wires.

yes the iacv has 2 wires... but the IACV wire is green/white

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
the green/white wire goes to the iacv.. and the other wire that goes to the iacv is a ground wire.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
im not too sure... some of those wires can be different things.. they share the same colors as other sensors also.

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
NO NO NO

the red/yel and grn/wht are the iat wires

the yel/blk and red are the purge valve solenoid wires

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
ECU Pinout Info - FAQ

that may help you... you may have to go to the ecu, and locate the pinouts for the iacv sensor, and see what color they are.. why didnt this dude have a iacv sensor hooked up...??? your dealing with some1 elses nightmare... some of the wires you have there can go to many different things, and im unaware of what sensors you have and dont have pluged in already

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes the iacv has 2 wires... but the IACV wire is green/white
NO NO NO

the red/yel and grn/wht are the iat wires

the yel/blk and red are the purge valve solenoid wires
OHH YEAHHHHHH!!!!! You are the master... that are the 2 things the car doesnt have yet!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! exactly.... REPPED!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ECU Pinout Info - FAQ

that may help you... you may have to go to the ecu, and locate the pinouts for the iacv sensor, and see what color they are.. why didnt this dude have a iacv sensor hooked up...??? your dealing with some1 elses nightmare... some of the wires you have there can go to many different things, and im unaware of what sensors you have and dont have pluged in already
Repped you too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts