Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got a new toy... a 2000 prelude h22 . i had a comp. test done and the results are : no. 1=180, no. 2=120, no.3=180, no.4=100. the tech said it was bad ring b/c he put a drop of oil in ea. cylinder and comp. went up, he said valves are good . and to replace rings .. my question is what all should i get since im doing rings .. should i get new bearings as well ? you know what other parts should i replace since ill have everything open ..milage is 117xxx
thanks

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
Defently gonna need new bolts and bearings cuz i dnt think u want sir Rod spin outta control and penetrated the H22 block so i personally suggest new bolts, bearings, and make sure they use the approved torque specifications!!!

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
If you want to keep this engine i would suggest ARP bolts, because they are insurance on keeping everything together. Get a rebuild kit with the bearings, rings, seals and gaskets. I would also look into getting the block honed like the cylinder walls, you could do it yourself with a drill mounted block hone. If you got the money to invest in it, i would get the whole thing machined but that costs alot of money.

It really depends on what you want to spend.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankyou! i knew i could count on my fellow d-series( i still have my d powered crx) ill prob. just hone it with one of those drill mounted hones, also whats a good brand/manurfacurer to get my rings and such from

1 - 5 of 5 Posts