Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok a while back i did the a6 cam swap and it ran perfect with the right timing but after 6 month i got a new b7 block and i put in it and now timing jacked. like im not sure of what DEGREES do i time it at with a timing light gun? so can you guys help me! now i looked into my chiltons honda book and the timing degrees said time it at 16-20* so im wondering do i use the same timing degreez with the a6 cam swap?:bigok:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a6 cam in a d15bx block you say? its a time proven combo that requires one more part.. y7/y8 cam gear.
ok i have that gear it was running good the y7 cam gear but WHAT i wanna know is what timming degrees do you think i should set it at? you see what im saying:yes:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
to what the FSM says for the d15b7.. like i said already, ignore that it has a cam swap when setting up timing IF you have the y7/y8 cam gear. set it just like you would any bone stock b7.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
ok a while back i did the a6 cam swap and it ran perfect with the right timing but after 6 month i got a new b7 block and i put in it and now timing jacked. like im not sure of what DEGREES do i time it at with a timing light gun? so can you guys help me! now i looked into my chiltons honda book and the timing degrees said time it at 16-20* so im wondering do i use the same timing degreez with the a6 cam swap?:bigok:
Since no one else bothered to read your post........

Set the ignition timing to 16 BTDC but you can run as much as 20-20 BTDC without needing anything more than 87 octane gas.

·
Registered
554 Posts

Set the ignition timing to 16 BTDC but you can run as much as 20-20 BTDC without needing anything more than 87 octane gas.
i was implying to set both mechanical and ignition timing to factory spec i should have been more clear about it though

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hey thanks just what i was looking for, plus i know you know your shit because you always respond to pretty much every ones post with the right answer, plus your the first to find out how many degrees the a6 cam will be off! plus i know your been a D member for awhile thankx:bigok:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts