Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get a new cat for my 1995 Honda Civic EX ej1. I was looking at this one:

Vtec Power Stainless Steel High Flow Racing Cat Converter Test Catalytic Pipe | eBay

or a OBX performance High Flow Cat Delete resonator. $60

I don't know all that much, but i'm trying to learn. The price kind of scares me because it is pretty cheap.

I eventually want to get a new exhaust system as well, once I get some more cash. If someone could suggest any that would be great.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
If they do emissions testing then you will want a TWC (three way catalyst) converter. It will make it easier to pass emissions and will be the federally accepted replacement. If not you can get a regular magna flow high flow cat or "test pipe".

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Looks like Seattle does emissions testing which means you can't have a test pipe. Buy a good converter so it will pass testing, as for a muffler or catback system you can use whatever you want and it won't affect your emissions.

If your stock cat is ok then don't worry about replacing it.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Let's keep the WTB/FS stuff in the WTB/FS forum.

What I was asking is; are you wanting one for replacement (emissions), to increase power, to make it sound cooler, ete?

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is going bad, so I want to buy an after market one that will perhaps increase performance, but mostly I want my car to sound better.

·
Registered
0 Posts
We'll you got a few options here.

1. Buy a replacement hi-flowcat to pass emissions and very little gains
2. Buy a test pipe and don't pass emissions and have better gains
3. Don't buy anything and just hollow out your stock cat and don't pass emissions and have same gains as test pipe

Hi-flow cat will probably cost you a couple hundred bucks
Test pipe is like $60 bucks more or less
Last option is free!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts