Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a junk yard today looking around and found a 4 door Lx special edition Civic. The engine looked like a Z6 but it wasn't. It had a intake manifold just like a Z6 with the IAC mounted on it. The same throttle body but it never a vtec solenoid on the head. It did looked like it was casted for one but it never had the hole drilled for the oil galeries. I would have just look at the front of the engine and looked for the engine code but the front was smashed in and it couldn't be seen. What type of engine was this? I would like to know because I would like to have the injectors out of it if they are 240 but if they are only 190 I don't want them.

P.S. I live in Canada so it may be a unique model available in Canada only.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Canadian LX is not Vtec. Its the same D15B7 motor as the CX/DX here in Canada. What you saw that looked like the mounting for the Vtec solenoid was actually part of the casting that would be opened up for a mechanical fuel pump for carburated versions of this motor sold to other markets in the world.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jaker said:
Canadian LX is not Vtec. Its the samemotor as the CX/DX here in Canada. What you saw that looked like the mounting for the Vtec solenoid was actually part of the casting that would be opened up for a mechanical fuel pump for carburated versions of this motor sold to other markets in the world.
Does the D15B7 have the same intake manifold as the Z6? I am not too familiar with the OBD 1 D-series engine beside the Z6. I am more familiar with the Y8 and Y7. Do the non vtec OBD 1 engines have intake manifold like the Y7?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
D15B7 intake.........

D16Z6 intake.....

Pay close attention to where the runners split and the little humps on the runners.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it is a D15B7 intake. Thanks for the help guys. So the injectors are most likely 190?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts