Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i decided i was gona turbo the d15b7 in my delsol, and ive pieced together a bunch of shit already, this is my third kit so i pretty much know what im doing. The last 2 kits i made, i used T25 dsm turbos. They both spooled up extremely fast (too fast, no traction) and they didnt make good top end power.

What i want, is a turbo that will still spool up fast (not quite as fast as T25) and still pull hard up through the power band (3300-6500)

Im probably going to run around 7-8psi on the afc hack.

The two turbos i have in mind now are teh 14b and the ford thunderbird T3 60 trim, anyone else have any suggestions/opinions/input? Thanks!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 16g turbo comes in a TDO5H housing and is a factory upgrade for the 89-99 DSM. It flows 25% more than the factory 14B found in the 89-94, and much more flow than the t25 found in the 95-99. It flows 505 CFM at 15PSI of boost. At 15PSI the turbo will crank out 340hp. IT has a large 7CM2 turbine housing compared to the 6cm2 which allows more flow to reduce the backpressure at higher RPMs. .
this turbo might be something to your liking... i have one.. im contiplating whether to install it in my d16y8 or not..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beerbongskickass said:
I was thinking 14b or T3.
Agreed.
Oh BTW, I'm turboing my D15 this month and using the T25 and since you did the same thing;

When does it start to spool?
When does it hit full boost?
Where does it start to drop off?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually just picked up another bigger T3 then the one i was initally gonna use today for a price i couldnt resist. Its a .42 intake .48 exhaust T3 from a saab 900, pretty good sized turbo. I mightrun this one but notsure yet, its about equal size as a 14b.

my T25 spooled up insanely fast. It probably hit full boost by 3200 rpms, and started spooling at 2800, but the boost would drop as i hit higher rpms, and it stopped making power after about 5000 rpm maybe even less. Id really suggest getting bigger then a T25, at least a 14b,i also had very bad traction issues with the t25.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have alot of good connections...

tell me what you want for a turbo

fast spool up?
more top end power?
How much boost do you want to run?

I could find you a used turbo

R

·