Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d16z6, 8.5 vitara, h beam rods, 650cc Rc's stock head stock cam stock springs, arp headstuds. car came with an "emusa" ebay turbo, t3/t4 flange, it boosts, spools quick, no complaints but im not sure what its capabilitys are boost-wise and im not sure i trust it. if i was planning on throwing a different snail in the mix what would you recommend. I'm not broke, but keep it reasonable $ wise. I'll drop the money if need be but cheaper helps :D.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I'm currently running vitara setup with FJT rods with a GT2871R BB turbo and it has pretty quick spool...It has a little later spool compared to the GT2860 (disco potato)...if ya like you can look at my tune in my profile and check out torque curve and maybe that kinda can give you a idea what turbo to go with based on your budget and power your trying to achieve...cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just havent dealt with turbos much, some is kind of new to me. where would you guys recommend to look for a garret or similarily priced. not looking to spend more than 400-650$

·
Registered
852 Posts
You will need your downpipe flange re-welded at a different angle. The Ebay turbo and Garrett housings are held at a different angle with respect to the manifold.

·
Registered
431 Posts
you will like the 50 trim alot, I love mine, it spools quickly and has plenty of top end to get you to 350hp I bought the ball bearing version. but the journal type can be had for around 5-600 bucks. just make sure if you run the journal bearing type to run the corresponding restrictor. .070 I think is what's recommended. also with the d16 I would run the .63 ar turbine. it will give you the best top end and will spool well.

also as said above plan on redoing your dp because they won't match up to your cheapie chinese setup, I'd go with a nice 3" DP. Go-autoworks does nice work, I run there manifold and DP and its great, good customer service too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just bought a precision 3431E aka sc34.... t3 .48 a/r 57mm.....t04e .50 or .60 a/r not sure 57mm got it new for $609 shipped...seems to be the perfect turbo for cheap price and capable of 400+ whp with good spool up with .48 a/r hot side....I will let you know how it works out when I have it going in about 2 months lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
what did it cost u to get your ecm chiped
Let me get back to you on that. I have the receipt at the house but I had them give me a new ECM, I didn't supply it to them for chipping. I want to say it was like $300.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 23 Posts