Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok from friends ive gathered that a SOHC vtec should fit in my 83 hatch fairly easy.. i just dont kno wat engine code that is? i kno its a d series motor just not wat number would be the best? im pretty new at this and i tryed searching but couldnt really understand much of wat was being said... the car currently has a 1.5 3 bbl carb on it... running about 66hp and 77torque... i have a pretty good lead to get anything i need for a SOHC vtec swap so if its a stock part it would be easiest... any help is great im really just lost and would like to get going on this..

·
Registered
934 Posts
d15b is also vtec. Its not the matter of fitting the engine in, you can drop a h22 in a crx if you really wanted too, but is the hatch FI or Carbed? That can also help determine which engine you should use.

·
Registered
166 Posts
it is not easy, at least need to do carb to FI convertion, and engine mount won't bolt on. If you want a engine swap on your 83 civic, do brown top ZC or D16A1 from 1st gen integra, and run weber carb.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i checked some old emails the kid that was building it up before me stated that a d16A1 motor would work im not sure how well.... he stated a direct bolt in... i guess that motor comes from an 89 integra? yes it is carburated (really sucks for taking corners) i talked to some people here that work on imports and they stated that the axles and hubs wouldnt bolt up and there would need engine mounts fabbed in... im pretty new to the d16 engine codes is there a site with them listed and wat cars they came in so if i call a junkyard and wat not? i take it the 89 integra is fuel injected also or am i wrong... so far you have been a lot of help... thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts