Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay, i have an 89 hatch and i decided to go with 3inch piping. but i need to find a muffler and possibly a nice tip. im trying to make it look like the apexi ws or the tanabe hyper medallion, but if not that then stockish. its just hard to do with the 4gen civic hatch because the muffler sits sideways and then theres a small curved pipe with an 8x4 inch tip(atleast on the hyper mellalion).

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a Kteller 2.5" set up and i used a Dynomax Super Turbo. you can get it from Summitracing for cheap. i know they make a universal side mount that has a 3" inlet and outlet.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK-17744&N=700+4294922711+115&autoview=sku

i like the sound, its nice and low not ricey, its a little raspy at the higher RPMS but i have no resonator, and it flows much better than stock.
you have any pics of your setup? i was kind of looking for something thats 24 inches long. what about a tip for you?

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
ya no real good pics of it, i have a vid though, there is no tip just a mandrel bend. this vid is a little old tho, it was when i still had my A6, ive recently swapped a Z6 and i think it sounds different now, but that could just be me lol. there still is no resonator just the cat, and it will take out that rasp if i did get one. my muffler is only 18".

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/funkified1/?action=view&current=MVI_8652.flv

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
yea its pre-bent exactly to stock specs, i had no problems fitting my muffler on there, even though its smaller than a stock one.

theres another website that you can get the kit from for cheaper, which i didnt know about till after i got my kit.....gRRRRR.
apparently they provide the same kits for kteller, where kteller just charges more....
http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KITS/HONDA_TK/honda_tk.html

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
okay, i have an 89 hatch and i decided to go with 3inch piping. its just hard to do with the 4gen civic hatch because the muffler sits sideways
Two things:

One, why not run a magnaflow resonator and just let it come back straight?

Two, given that HP demands are 2.2cfm per HP and a 2.5" pipe flows 560 cfm, do you realize a 2.5" mandrel bent setup will support up to 254 flywheel horsepower?

How wild are you planning on getting?

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Two things:

Two, given that HP demands are 2.2cfm per HP and a 2.5" pipe flows 560 cfm, do you realize a 2.5" mandrel bent setup will support up to 254 flywheel horsepower?

if this is directed towards me, im shooting for 250-300whp.

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two things:

same goals, 250-300

1 - 11 of 11 Posts