Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wut up? I'm new on dis site n already i like it. Da best thang 'bout it is ur devotion 2 da cause.lol. thing is i just bought a '91 civic with a d15 engine on it, thing is i have 2 rebuild da engine cuz its not runnin. I'm a lil low on funds n wanna b fast so help a brother out by telling him wut 2 do 2 get his fast ride on da road still w/o spendin a lot of money. Holla back n thanks 4 ur quick answer.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Blox im, b16a tb, NPR pistons from ebay. Ebay header. Ebay intake with k and n filter. Tune. I think your obd0 so yoou would have to use turboedit.(found at pgmfi.org)
Total cost
Im 150shipped
B16a tb 60
Nippon racing pistons p29 from ebay. 100shipped
Ebay header 50 shipped
Ebay intake 30 shipped
K and N filter 44
Tuning varies 100-400
534-834 dollars totale depending on how much you know about tuning if you can borrow an o2 sensor you can tune yourself.

This setup is probably good for 130whp max unless you have one of those three stage vtecs from JJJJJ-Pan

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
whay waste money on pistons? They are NOT gonna help in a stock rod non VTEC D15.

I see alot of money wasted above, but what do I know, 102 chp to 135 chp without pulling the head and that was 8 years ago!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah do the mpfi conversion, then put a y8 or z6 head and run vtec bro vtec is awesome then later on down the road boost it.It will be worth it i promise i love the d-series motors and i like single cams its a different tuning ability.

·
Registered
98 EJ
236 Posts
Take a Z6 head, and rebuild the d16a6 block( bottle honed cylinderwalls) get the z6 head milled .0032 and get a cam gear to adjust for timing, you'll put down 150 easy on a single cam.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
First and formost. Speaking english goes a long way here. I don't want to be an ass but all the fancy characters and slang is kind of annoying to read.

You'll Need:
dpfi to mpfi conversion (search function is your friend)
d16z6 or y8 head (search for mini-me swap)

Look in to a turbo setup after that. Stock internals are safe to use on 5-8psi with a good tune. Concentrate on the dpfi to mpfi conversion first. The mini-me swap is a bonus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.