Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to the world of Honda and i have a few questions. I have a 99 civic 2 door with a d16y8 and its a turd. I want to boost it. Ive been gathering information for a few days and ive come up with some good parts, but i still have some questions.

Build list so far

---block
Vitara 75mm pistons
Eagle rods
Polished crank
ARP studs
ACL bearings
Cometic HG

---head
really not sure what to do with the head. ill be using a comp 59300 cam, but thats really all i got. help on this??

---add on's
GT30
Cast manifold
Factory y8 intake manifold
Skunk 68mm TB
255 pump

Not sure what to use for injectors or engine managment. Id like to see about 350-375hp. Daily driven. If im missing anything else, please let me know. As i said, im new to the Honda game. Ive built a few DSM's

·
Registered
44 Posts
use 75.5 there true
stock bearings
stock head will be fine unless you want to pass red line
rc 750cc
p28/s300
Honestly your missing just off a guess about 25-35 things. Look into turbo's more and look around homemadeturbro.com and you will find everything you need to know through reading.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
don’t use s300 its like 600 bucks when crome will run you 200 tops
If your trying to tune correctly with every option you can possibly need then S300 is the way to go. Crome doesnt even compare.

S300 will get you right...Crome may get you by.

Dont let that little cost difference dictate your tuning flexibility.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
intercooler+piping
bov
wastegate
oil lines
coolant lines
crankcase evacuation
clutch
wbo2 or a tuner
exhaust and downpipe
use oem headgasket instead of cometic
I recommend against the 59300, has some known issues with core quality.
mill, valve job, valve seals on the head.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
nobody mentioned the GT30 and cast manifold combo yet.

ya.. get 60$ worth of flanges and weld one up, will probably flow better than a stock cast manifold.

on the head. i always wanted to do some minor work and see the difference. pocket port (Short radius) and de-shroud the valves. should help a bit.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
and the 68mm TB wont do shit, i would use a 60-62mm or even smaller. drops out of vac to fast while cruising.

gas mileage will be shit with something that big, and that low of compression.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
thats not a lil cost difference 400 dollers doubles the price of a build i got 300 in so far
It may double your build's price but that doesn't mean that the $400 extra is not worth it. Percentages are relative; you can't drag percentages from one comparison to another. Your constants would be [percentage] and [of itself]. While the extra money spent would double your build's price tag, it will not double most other people's build's price tags.

[x+400=2x] is not the same as [y+400=1.2y]

That's cost differentiation.

·
Registered
662 Posts
^huh? I still haven't decided. I'm stuck between demon w/neptune or hondata after I turbocharge my car. But currently running Crome on my I/h/e setup. (street tuned afr's only)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts