Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i heard there is a pat number for an oem 5 layer headgasket that will for the D series block.

does anyone know what that part number is?

thanks a million for any help!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
no such thing as 5 layer there is a 3 layer if you want 5 layer go with Cometic
tachedout items - Get great deals on eBay Motors items on eBay.com!

Or get enough posts to get to the classifieds, 65 and join the group but in my Sig
Sorry that you are wrong but there is a OEM 5 layer HG, it covers the 88-95 graphite HG's.

While I don't have the part number, if your order a OEM 88-91 D16A6 HG from Honda you'll get the TSB 5 layer HG. The bore on the HG is 75.85mm as reported by a customer of mine.

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
Sorry that you are wrong but there is a OEM 5 layer HG, it covers the 88-95 graphite HG's.

While I don't have the part number, if your order a OEM 88-91 D16A6 HG from Honda you'll get the TSB 5 layer HG. The bore on the HG is 75.85mm as reported by a customer of mine.
I stand corrected all hail Bone!
the graphite gaskets are thicker than .030' based on spec i assume its a replacement based on the graphite thickness for the specific engine?

I have not bought a stock gasket in probably 15+ years

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
the z6 and y8 gasket is .027 compressed and the b7 a6 composite gasket is like .048 so this is why the tsb gasket is 5layer so it keeps the same thickness and compression as the ,048 composite gasket. and the reason the z6 y8 gasket bumps compression is because it is .020 thinner so its like a .020 head mill with just changing the gasket

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
The 5 layer HG is need to keep car LEGAL for certain SCCA classes, like STS. Must be OEM replacement of SAME thickness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts