Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i need help installing my Gauges i already got a AEM Air/Fuel gauge installed i tapped it into the fuse box and put an inline fuse of its own like 15amp. etc already wired up.

now i got a oil pressure gauge and a boost gauge.

im currently installing my oil pressure gauge and i need help.
i know theres like a ground,power i will tap it into my fuse box and make an inline fuse should i use 15 amp fuse for my gauge? also signal for my sender unit. it has a white wire that says it goes to lighting switch???? where do i put this??? need help. lighting switch do i need a fuse for it???? whats best place

the sender unit sensor has only one wire from the gauge green, but i don't know where exactly it specifically goes on the sender unit. it has two places where i can put it? why does it have two places on the sender unit for wires???

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
There's should be a spot in your fuse box you can use for the light. There's all so should be a switched power source too. Pic below shows you what I'm talking about,it's the ones in color. Test them to make sure you have the right one.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

C918 is fused by the parking lights(it gets power when the parking lights are turned on), use this as the lighting source.

15amp is kinda high, if the gauge company says to use 15 then use 15 but 7.5-10 is highly likely a better choice.

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

C918 is fused by the parking lights(it gets power when the parking lights are turned on), use this as the lighting source.

15amp is kinda high, if the gauge company says to use 15 then use 15 but 7.5-10 is highly likely a better choice.
ok i will use the C918 for the lighting my wires.
for my oil and boost gauge can i both run it same wire to the C918? for the lighting. do i need a fuse one fuse or both different fuse inline?

and for the power i will use the option one in the fuse box. can i also use same power in one fuse box power spade. two gauges in same wire? and if i do that do i need to run same fuses or separate fuses.
i will go 10 amp for my gauge.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I have never used an inline fuse.
Also just use the fuse box shades. they are fused to a fuse in the fuse panle,

And also i just made a jumper harness. one side is for power, ground, ign Then just add to that for what you need.
so yea gauges can all be on one wire.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
The spots in the fuse box are not in the same spots from different car/models. Check to make sure your using the right one.

One power wire out of fuse box to gauge,then tie that same power wire to the other gauge. One wire feeds both gauges. Same with the light wire.

No inline fuse is needed as the spots in the fuse box are all ready fuses.

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have never used an inline fuse.
Also just use the fuse box shades. they are fused to a fuse in the fuse panle,

And also i just made a jumper harness. one side is for power, ground, ign Then just add to that for what you need.
so yea gauges can all be on one wire.
okay so no inline fuse needed i use the fuse box spades. how do i find the fuse box spades and what fuses are those located at like for each spade?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
okay so no inline fuse needed i use the fuse box spades. how do i find the fuse box spades and what fuses are those located at like for each spade?
I take it you haven't gotten a Factory Service Manual?

BTW: The only one fused is C918, the rest need an inline fuse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts