Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.
ive got myself a d15z6 engine, gearbox, ecu and wiring loom so i can convert my 1.4 sohc non vtec to the new 1.5 sohc vtec engine as my engine died i decided i would build a boosted 1.5 d series as i dont know of that many in the uk and you guys in the states are inspiring me to do something different the uks lets go b series attitude. is there anything else i will need for the swap and how hard would it be to do?
thanks, andy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey bro you sure its not a d16z6?????Also what make year and model car is this going into???Get bacvk at6 me and ill help the best i can,im doing a d16z6 swap into my 91 hatch so i should be able to help you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good thanks mate. the car is a 1997 ek hatch with a d14a2 engine (1.4 non vtec) but the new engine is definately coded d15z6 its the uk 1.5i LS sohc vtec engine.

money is short so i cant put it in a garage to have done which is why i need to know what parts i need and what to do as im doing it myself.

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
you need the wiring harness that goes form your ecu to your engine and the dpfi to mpfi is alot better its what the d16 or in your case d15 comes with is silver intake instead of the black one.Now you will need a ecu as well not sure which one though,im running a pm6 ecu but mine is also chipped so i can stay obd0 instead of obd1.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need the wiring harness that goes form your ecu to your engine and the dpfi to mpfi is alot better its what the d16 or in your case d15 comes with is silver intake instead of the black one.Now you will need a ecu as well not sure which one though,im running a pm6 ecu but mine is also chipped so i can stay obd0 instead of obd1.
so all i need is the engine and gearbox, ecu, and wiring loom for the engine bay and to the ecu, whats the interior loom some people are talking about, is it just the ecu side of the loom?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the engine loom is all i need then? sorry i dont really know the differences between engine loom and interior loom.

·
Registered
510 Posts
so the engine loom is all i need then? sorry i dont really know the differences between engine loom and interior loom.
Engine loom goes from the plugs on your shock towers throughout the engine.
Interior harness goes from the shock towers in to the inside of you car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have 4 injectors same as a d15z6, guessing its already mpfi?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats good. will get it all ordered up tomorrow and sent over to me, should be back on the road soon. is there anything i should have done on the engine before putting it in, i will fit a new cambelt, plugs and leads, and put in new oil and coolant etc, anything else i should check. the car has been tested because the engine isnt being removed until paid for and its only done 40k miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts