Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 93 hatch auto with a blown d15b7. Also the previous owner said it comes with the D16Z6. But the block says D16A (apparently JDM?), the head is P2J-1 and intake manifold is P06 HF4. Also the intake manifold gasket doesn't line up with the head as it obviously should. I'm confused to what setup I'm currently trying to build. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
is the d16a the one in the car? where is the b7? what ecu is it using?

D16A motor - Honda-Tech

D16A[edit]
Found in: 1997-1999 JDM Honda Domani (MB4) [1] Bore and Stroke: see D16 Series Engines
Displacement: see D16 Series Engines
Compression : 9.3:1
Power : 120 PS (88 kW; 118 hp) at 6,400 rpm
Torque: 144 Nm
Redline : 7,000 rpm
VTEC Engages : 5,500 Rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC (4 valves per cylinder)
Fuel Control : OBD2a
Head Code : P08
ECU Code: PBB-J61 [2]

P2J-1 head - Honda-Tech

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The D16A is the spare motor that he threw in. And I want to say that I'm running a P06 ecu. I'm an aviation mechanic so I know how to build an engine and maintain it but I just want to make sure of what set up I have so I know what route and parts to take since there isn't supporting documentation.

·
4,389 Posts
any bird in particular?

google helps a lot with engine codes, if its already running on the b7 and p06, youre fine. if you swap in the d16a, youll need to find a p28 and figure out the timing. theres posts all over if you decide to jump into the rabbit hole and search.

easy fix. get an oem Honda z6 head gasket and buy new headbolts. water pump, timing belt, and tensioner wouldn't hurt while youre there

·
4,389 Posts
hate you so much right now. I got stuck with the oh-58. wanted the huey with a passion

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the Huey, it's fun. And surprisingly that bird can bank hard for utility. But the easy access of the 58's are so much more convenient haha. I occasionally hop on the 58's if I'm not busy

Attachments

·
4,389 Posts
cobra and Kiowa? lol, uber jelly. hated the Kiowa. wish I went all wheel mech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts