Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help identifying SOHC ZC

2K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  slo_eg8 
#1 ·
What up D-series? I'm a old-school member from back in the day that finally got back in the game. I left around the time fj' s warehouse was robbed. Lost access to my old account but now im back and I'm need of some help.

I picked up a project car a few month back. A 1996 Dx with 2000 front end conversion. Not a bad car but it came with a blow motor, y7 to be exact. My buddy trying to suprise surprise me picked up a non
-vtec SOHC ZC motor from an engine distributor in the Spokane Washington area.

I had never gotten into the whole zc thing, I always rocked a z6 and y8. So I have no ideas what this thing is or what it's rated at. I'm thinking it's a y7 equivalent due to the fact that the y7 intake mani bolted up to it. I had a hard time finding a cap and rotor for it but my buddy found it wit zero problem searching for a y7.i remembe back in the day the jdm b15b7 or some stuff was hot? Only thing stamped on it is zc. Just wanna knowwhat it is.

#4 ·
This is the only thing stamped on it. . I'm sorry for not stating clearly everything from the y7 bolted up correctly and we have it installed in the car already. Just haven't turned it over. I just wanted tk be clear on what USDM motor is is equivalent to? I'm guessing 7y but alot spot of stuff doesn't line up for a y7. Cap, rotor, plugwires, to name a few. See why my head hurts lol.

Y7 shot bolted up but y7 replacement parts don't fit.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
BeerDrinkin said:
Since you got the thread got locked for being a snowflake I had typed up a response for you.
-------------------------------------

You did say this and I didn't read the whole reply... because you said it was all correct...

I'm sorry for not stating clearly everything from the y7 bolted up correctly and we have it installed in the car already
Then after posted this

Y7 shot bolted up but y7 replacement parts don't fit.
So the original Y7 parts you had on the old engine bolted up fine but then the parts store replacements didn't fit??? Clarify for me. This means everything really.

Also

You posted you think it's a d16a6 but on a d16a6 the plugs reside at the back of the head, Vtec heads and Y7 heads use the front plug mounts.

I am still positive it's a Y7 and you just got the wrong parts from a parts store.

I am not trying to fight you just trying to figure out what's going on, you keep jumping around and replying to your own responses so I couldn't tell if you were being serious. Have you not noticed despite me being a bit of a smartass I have offered you a lot of help. You need to get off your high horse and join reality, what I said wasn't that bad dude lol.

also, this still isn't facebook and that's not how it works around here lol. Im just 1 asshole, don't let little ol me be the one to run you out of here lol.

also, go to the user's page you want to block.
click on the user list tab just above their avatar
click on the "ignore user" button.
??
profit

#19 ·
Have you not read ive bought parts for a y7 and they didn't fit? And yes i did.

I'm going to lay this out now clean and clear.

I've noticed d-series have gotten alot of people who shoot off at the mouth amd love being rude to people online. I DO NOT PUT UP WITH E FIGHTS OF ANY KIND!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to argue or reply with a rude comment, just leave the thread and keep your negative stuff somewhere else.

Don't reply with some butthurt answer just accept it and move on.

#20 ·
yeah, you must not know how it works round here lol.

the only person that is going to need to keep it moving is you lol. you just kicked the hornet nest lol.

#25 ·
Ummm.. Slo is THE Mod...

Sometimes a little too quick to flex his mod powers.. but this is what happens when you reside under a batman regime.

either get on board or dont..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.