Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
D16A EK9 Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

We pulled the harness from my D15Z4 (right hand drive EK Civic, OBD2) and need some help identifying the plugs on the harness.

The plan is to create a harness in the future and I'd like to have these notes at hand and also if they may help others in the community. (Sorry for the crude layout and presentation below. I will update a cleaned up version should all/most of the plugs be identified)

I've attached a photo of what the harness looks like:

A picture of a D15Z4 harness laid out with each plug numbered. Unknown plugs are labelled as ? while known plugs are given their correct name or assumed name.

☝ — Each terminal is labelled from 1 to 26 from right to left. At each branch going from right to left, branches at the top is numbered before branches at the bottom. Terminal 27 is basically a dummy, but would still like to know what its potential use is.

Thanks 🙂

·
Registered
D16A EK9 Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much @drtalon123 and @bumpstick 💯

19 - Thermostat ground? Is this an eyelet with a bunch of black wires leading to it. If so, this is a primary source of ground for many important components, and usually attaches to a bolt near or on the thermostat housing.
Yes, there are four wires that run to it

#27 is power/ground distribution.
That wires on it just run to sealed-off plastic end with no pins or anything -- it's just plastic

Are you going to be running new wire and pins/seals or just soldering the OEM wires? I’m in the middle of gathering supplies for a new harness myself, so I can provide part numbers once I get them all figured out. I’ve been (slowly) going through my FSM as a cross reference too and hope to have everything mapped out over the winter.
The plan is run new wires, reuse the hard-to-find OEM connectors, and, if budget allows, replace the remaining connectors with racespeconline ones. I should be replacing wires as well with GXL. I would really appreciate getting the part numbers. It's going to make things easier. And it will help anyone building a harness. The plan is to make a club-spec tucked harness with Raychem SCL sheathing. Been thinking of placing a bulkhead connector on the firewall so that should the ECU be replaced, we can simply run a new wiring only on the ECU side. That's the plan

Are you going to be reusing OEM color code?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts