Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about picking this up for cheap. Please keep in mind I only plan on using this cam gear to sell my d15b motor so I don't care about quality all I want to know is how to know exactly what gear it is . Only thing the guy has to say is "it's single cam motor" has 38 teeth apparently ImageUploadedByAG Free1384139043.147122.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1384139060.001795.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
476 Posts
See if they'll send you a picture of the front of the gear straight on of the front. If the keyway is in line with the 0 mark it's 88-95, if it's to the 11 o'clock side of 0 it's 96-00. The D gears are the only ones with the 7 o'clock timming mark AFAIK.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
i dont think i would run that CAM due to the broken teeth, it could potentially come apart...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Picture still has a bit of an angle to it. Looks like 88-95 but that angle is messing with my eyes.

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow amazingly good catch I purchased it and have it in my hand it it's really more of a scratch but it's ok I'm just going to slap it on the motor and sell it

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
that looks to be a a really really old one. the 3 bolt I had had a lightened backside instead of the solid one that one has

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
very cool... it looks pretty bad in the pics, glad to hear it not bad...

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very cool... it looks pretty bad in the pics, glad to hear it not bad...
Yeah I'm amazed you caught that I didn't even notice it with it being in my hand lol but it seems to be really strong

1 - 15 of 15 Posts