Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't belive it finally happened. I live in Fl and should have known better. But I was only 1/2 mile from my house. Well, I made it 3 years w/o the bypass valve. So what's my next step guys? It still runs well. There's a little knock now and I've got water in my oil. I'm gonna change the oil and plugs tomorrow, can anyone recommend something I can add to my oil to absorb the water? Or anything else? Maybe it's time for that engine swap!! B18 here I come!! Thanks a bunch.

G

·
0 Posts
thesqad127 said:
wow cool

your suck water into your motor now your gonna hop on the bandwagon and swap to a DOHC ..

and you expect us to be happy ? I hope you spend 3,000 dollars on your swap and still get your ass handed to you by SOHCs

:haha:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hoping I can get away with just a head swap or a rebuild. I've been super happy with my current set up, but my sedan is VTEC and I would love the extra edge. How about these short ram intakes? Is there much of a difference between the cai?

K

·
0 Posts
first thing to do is get some cheap ass oil from walmart, drain ur current oil, then with the plug still off pour a couple qts of oil and watch it till it turns the norm oil color. u want to flush as much contaminated oil as possible.

second, take out ur spark plugs and crank the motor over several times. this will force out any extra water in the cylinders. also i would reccomend spraying some wd40 to makesure everything is still lubed up. fill the motor with oil. try starting it if it runs with no problem then turn off the car and do another oil change. u want to get all that milky oil out of the system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the suggestions. So far I've poured about three quarts of oil and let it drain through. Then put on a new filter, poured a little oil into each cylinder and turned it over a couple times w/o the plugs. I'm getting ready to fill it, start it until it reaches operating temp and drain and refill. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress. The next question is, did I bend a rod or valve??????

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
thesqad127 said:
wow cool

your suck water into your motor now your gonna hop on the bandwagon and swap to a DOHC ..

and you expect us to be happy ? I hope you spend 3,000 dollars on your swap and still get your ass handed to you by SOHCs

BWAHAHAHA ROFLMFAO

DOHC is gay!

J

·
0 Posts
1BADDX said:
Thank you for the suggestions. So far I've poured about three quarts of oil and let it drain through. Then put on a new filter, poured a little oil into each cylinder and turned it over a couple times w/o the plugs. I'm getting ready to fill it, start it until it reaches operating temp and drain and refill. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress. The next question is, did I bend a rod or valve??????
most likely, a quick compression test (since you already have the plugs out) will ascertain if you bent and valves and to a lesser degree a rod.

But definately if you have to rebuild, or rebuild with a mini-me swap either one would be much cheaper than getting a B18

-Juan

J

·
0 Posts
of course, he already stated the car turns over, he just has to warm it up and see, he could also drop the oil pan, and visually inspect the main bearing, etc.......

-Juan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good idea with the compression test. I really don't think I'd goto DOHC anyway, too hard to tune...but definatly a mini-me with an exospeed cam and valve work. I wonder what they'd charge if I sent them my y7 and asked for a y8 back......either way I gotta get this thing running.

·
Registered
337 Posts
thesqad127 said:
wow cool

LOL!! but DOHC aren't always a bad thing my friend...there's also a Bandwagon from this site to SAY all DOHC are gay and your jumping on that one. I love my DOHC ZC and wouldn't want it any other way...DOHC D underdog, now that's badass

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well everyone, thanks for the ideas. Nothing has worked, so it looks like I'm going for the rebuild. I'll take some pics to post.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
90zcrx said:
LOL!! but DOHC aren't always a bad thing my friend...there's also a Bandwagon from this site to SAY all DOHC are gay and your jumping on that one
1) Im not even gonna own a Honda anymore, so if you wanna say im on the SOHC " bandwagon " go right ahead

2) this is a SOHC website , no one wants to hear about his poetential DOHC swap

3) as Ive said A MILLION times before... I love all Honda motors, I was just giving him a hard time

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
so sqad what are you getting?

·
Registered
337 Posts
thesqad127 said:
1) Im not even gonna own a Honda anymore, so if you wanna say im on the SOHC " bandwagon " go right ahead

2) this is a SOHC website , no one wants to hear about his poetential DOHC swap

3) as Ive said A MILLION times before... I love all Honda motors, I was just giving him a hard time
Damn bro, don't get all asshurt, I thought this was d-series.org not SOHC.org. Plenty of D DOHC'ers out there sportin the ZC. Anyway, sorry for the missunderstanding...but yeah, what are you gettin?

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
90zcrx said:
Damn bro, don't get all asshurt, I thought this was d-series.org not SOHC.org. Plenty of D DOHC'ers out there sportin the ZC. Anyway, sorry for the missunderstanding...but yeah, what are you gettin?
he wasnt talking about the ZC swap .. just so you know

and yall will all have to wait and see whats gonna be in the driveway after this summer :twisted: im sure its gonna start some shit ... :-D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts