Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got my turbo setup running on my d15b7. The turbo is a Greddy td05-15g kit. I already have my clutch and just waiting for my flywheel and I am gonna do tranny swap (Si) soon. Already got my turbo timer also. What other bolt-ons can I get for my setup to make it faster and better running? I am debating on a couple of things: oil catch can, walboro pump( what does this really do?), AEM fuel rail (how can this help me?), MSD Blaster Coil, External Wastegate (i have an internal one...would external be better?) What should I proritize first? that would really help my setup and is more necessary. Sorry guys if this thread sounds stupid, I am just new to the boosted world and your input would be appreciated. Thanks gain guys.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
the stock honda ignition and fuel system (except the pump) can handle like 400hp or something ive read (tuned of course)... but the walbro fuel pump increases the LPH (which is liters per hour i do beleive) and helps hold a stable fuel pressure.

are you running the emanage unit with the greddy kit? do you have a front mount intercooler? do you run the stock d15b7 injectors?

·
Registered
613 Posts
unless your looking for like 230-250hp plus then i wouldnt change your fuel pump, or at least to walboro. those 255lph pumps are notorious for over fueling.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
upgrade to 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, you can also get a 2.5 down pipe from kteller.com for fairly cheap

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
replying to posts is easier if you use the "quote" button on the bottom right of each post... FYI

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
PARAZZI said:
vtecduck: already got a 2.5" 304 5zigen catback with a test pipe. what else can i do? performance wise?
upgrade the dp to the 2.5" from kteller or have a custom one made. Check out my vb garage for the mods to mine, I'm running a gredy kit also, too much to list lol.

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
your fuel and ignition are fine for the power that kit will help you make. alcohol injection? is your motor cammed? maybe an lsd? bigger tb? port and polish? 2 3/4 or 3 in. exhaust? new intake mani? there's a ton of shit you can do.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vtecduck said:
upgrade the dp to the 2.5" from kteller or have a custom one made. Check out my vb garage for the mods to mine, I'm running a gredy kit also, too much to list lol.
how and where can i check out your vb garage? what other mods did you do on your greddy kit?

·
Registered
629 Posts
most of the stuff that you mentioned in your first post wouldn't really add power, just make it so that you CAN build more power. (the fuel rail, pump, coil, blahblahblah). If you want more power, build yourself a bottom end and turn the damn boost up :razz:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
98_4drCivic said:
most of the stuff that you mentioned in your first post wouldn't really add power, just make it so that you CAN build more power. (the fuel rail, pump, coil, blahblahblah). If you want more power, build yourself a bottom end and turn the damn boost up :razz:
so are you saying build up my b7 for now, like port and polish the head, forge the pistons and then maybe do a head swap, then do turn up the boost? or can i just build up my b7 and then turn up the boost?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Honestly,

i'd stop going so build crazy and see how each of your mods perform little by little...if you do it all at once, just to see your boost a go up a few more psi its not really worth it...

if your running at around 7-9psi right now, just break it in for awhile, then after you get a feel of how your car performs at all revs, start putting in some parts that really make a difference when you floor it. unless you plan on hittin 15-18psi+ and at the track everyday, building up "to me" is a waste of money (for now), there other easier cheaper mods out there...

a good flowing head is a good start:TU:

-tek

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TonyTek said:
Honestly,

i'd stop going so build crazy and see how each of your mods perform little by little...if you do it all at once, just to see your boost a go up a few more psi its not really worth it...

if your running at around 7-9psi right now, just break it in for awhile, then after you get a feel of how your car performs at all revs, start putting in some parts that really make a difference when you floor it. unless you plan on hittin 15-18psi+ and at the track everyday, building up "to me" is a waste of money (for now), there other easier cheaper mods out there...

a good flowing head is a good start:TU:

-tek
what are those parts that can make a difference for me? are you saying right now...dont build up my motor yet? until i plan running higher boost. and what is one of the good flowing heads out there?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts